mach 5 or Fi

chillin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
so i was thinking about getting a Q 15or a Sundown Z15, however the Z15's are no longer available for $200. I am curious about the mach 5's however. I noticed the spl 12 is on special right now. I am looking for Sql, but have read that they have decent sound. Or the ixl 15. I kind of want a 15 for this build as ive had 10's and 12's, but if the spl is worth it i would probaly get the 12.

I can get the subs for the following prices shipped.

Fi Q15 $288

Mach 5 Spl 12 $291

Mach 5 Ixl15 $241

I have about 1200 watts to work with so that may not be enough for the spl and too much for ixl. But maybe they would be fine. Just curious about some opinions. Which would be louder and which would sound clearer. My price range is about 300, but of course lower is better.

CADENCE DAYTONA 15" RECONABLE COMPETITION SUBWOOFER - eBay (item 290437576517 end time May-28-10 04:47:38 PDT)

may i recomend these, 2 of them hit 170 in turkey back in 06 at the time it was a record for loudest 2 sub setup, they sound amazingly clear ask bobby32 on here, he has a pair of 12's also,

CADENCE 15" 3000w COMPETITION SUB/350 OZ MAG+RECONE KIT - eBay (item 350324837520 end time Jun-03-10 07:48:21 PDT)

made from a lot of parts found on dd 9500's aq cadence and dd order a lot of their stuff from same place. ships in the crate with free recone, def order from best deal audio as that is cadence direct and roy will give u amazing customer service.

yes im sure 2 subs hitting a 170db sounded amazingly clear......sigh...

Either of your choices would work, I have used both Mach 5 and Fi...both make a great product but at this point in time I would say you are getting more for your dollar out of Mach 5.

um actually the daytona's do sound amazingly clear, they had put 6 cadence zrs9000d's to them and in that setup no they prob didnt, i was just stating they can get really loud, they are amazingly clear, just pm bobby32, i bet u never ran them so u shouldnt comment. jus like when jacob says he made an sa-8 hit 150 so is jacob saying the sndown isnt clear. lol

i see he changed his mind. lol

Correct, I just installed them a few weeks ago and I'm seeing if I like them. So far I am impressed, not sure if I want to sell. If I were to sell id be going with 3 10s. Getting metered this weekend or soon, we'll see what they do.

the daytona 15 will get louder then the spl-12 and if u look it it has an

fd of

which is more of a daily sub then the spl which has a higher fs of 43 iirc

the rvc was designed for daily, the ones bobby has were designed for competition, his has a lil higher fs, so they get a lil louder and dont sound as good.

\

and he wants a 15, its really the best deal 4 him

op, just let u know go on other forums also as u will find certain forums are nuthuggers for certain brainds, anything not sundown, fi, ia, dc, mach 5, they **** on them as if they are bad, if u go to other forums u will find diferent brands more popular, car audio is fickle in that way, i have been fortunate to have tried many subs over my life, just dont do ur research only here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chillin

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
chillin
Whistler, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date