Main brand name problem

cajun_duck
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Houma, LA
I live in Southeast Louisiana. There are car audio shops around, but very few brands to choose from. There is only Infinity, JL, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, and Polk. I am interested in something different for a change. Not the same old speakers everybody else has. My problem is that I have no way of hearing anything before purchasing. I would be going off of opinions only. Looking for a 6.5" component set at about the $150-175 range online.

I live in Southeast Louisiana. There are car audio shops around, but very few brands to choose from. There is only Infinity, JL, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, and Polk. I am interested in something different for a change. Not the same old speakers everybody else has. My problem is that I have no way of hearing anything before purchasing. I would be going off of opinions only. Looking for a 6.5" component set at about the $150-175 range online.
I got my Hertz Audio ESK165's [6.5 two-way system] for $180 shipped... and they're amazing. Easily better than any RSD... or any other comp system in the $200 range I've heard.

Reviews are nice, but you have to keep in mind WHO is giving the reviews.
agreed. Most people just regurgitate what they read on here to others as if they experienced it themselves...

I prefer those who only comment on things they have experienced.

i listened to one of the rsds. i only hooked one up because they were too deep for the door. they were runnin off the head unit. sound clean and crisp.

agreed. Most people just regurgitate what they read on here to others as if they experienced it themselves...
I prefer those who only comment on things they have experienced.
Even if some of those people have actually experienced the products, some just don't know what good is suppose to sound like and will say something sounds good... compared to stock speakers or other crappy speakers.

Even if some of those people have actually experienced the products, some just don't know what good is suppose to sound like and will say something sounds good... compared to stock speakers or other crappy speakers.
Yeah, that too... its all about what the person has experienced and can compare to...

This is true in a lot of cases.

With that said, I recommend either the ID ctx's or the Pioneer Premier 720c's. Are around your price, actually cheaper and both sound fantastic.

I have been in audio for 17 years and have listened too and had many different installs from over the years. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Why not just get Kappa components if they are local? I'll bet Kappa sounds as good as any other mentioned, and not alot higher. Plus you get to sample it at the store; just don't carry in a rap CD to audition speakers. Use old southern rock or a gospel CD to determine clarity.

This is true in a lot of cases.
With that said, I recommend either the ID ctx's or the Pioneer Premier 720c's. Are around your price, actually cheaper and both sound fantastic.

I have been in audio for 17 years and have listened too and had many different installs from over the years. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
it's all about what kind of sound he wants from the speakers, warm , bright , laid back ... and what kind of music he's listening to the most so other member can help him pick out which one is suitable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I listen to rock to metal mostly. Slipknot, Mudvayne, Metallica, etc. And the deal with the Infinities is that I find them harsh. Pluse, like I said, I want something nobody around here has.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.