Major Problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thomas Nicolas
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I Was Hearing Static And Engine Whine..

.. So I Went To The Installation Shop, They Checked It, They Said My Radio Was Bad..

.. They Gave Me A New Radio, New Grounds For The Amps (Hi And Low), New Ground For The Radio, New RCA's On Opposite Sides Of The Car Away From The Power Cable..They Also Tested Both Amps..

Everything Was Fine, Til I Pulled In My Drive Away, It Starts Again...

The New Radio Is The Pioneer DEH 3000IP

Subs Are Pioneer

Inside Speakers Are Kickers,

The Amps Are JBL

WHATS THE PROBLEM? PLEASE HELP ME...

I Was Hearing Static And Engine Whine.... So I Went To The Installation Shop, They Checked It, They Said My Radio Was Bad..

.. They Gave Me A New Radio, New Grounds For The Amps (Hi And Low), New Ground For The Radio, New RCA's On Opposite Sides Of The Car Away From The Power Cable..They Also Tested Both Amps..

Everything Was Fine, Til I Pulled In My Drive Away, It Starts Again...

The New Radio Is The Pioneer DEH 3000IP

Subs Are Pioneer

Inside Speakers Are Kickers,

The Amps Are JBL

WHATS THE PROBLEM? PLEASE HELP ME...
start out by taking the shops stuff back to them. then I would start by checking all the ground cables under the hood making sure they are clean of paint and rust look for corrosion on and in the cable's.also some times the factory ground for the deck is garbage. I clean ground is your best freind. i had a grand am when i was younger and there was that super tiny ground from the battery to the fender well it was rusty and well small 600 watts had my lights dimming in that car once i cleaned and upgraded it never happened again

start out by taking the shops stuff back to them. then I would start by checking all the ground cables under the hood making sure they are clean of paint and rust look for corrosion on and in the cable's.also some times the factory ground for the deck is garbage. I clean ground is your best freind. i had a grand am when i was younger and there was that super tiny ground from the battery to the fender well it was rusty and well small 600 watts had my lights dimming in that car once i cleaned and upgraded it never happened again
I had this problem, its why i bought a new radio. all the grounding is fine.. any other suggestions?

was your old deck a pioneer

i had pioneer with a bad engine whine turned out you had to ground the rca's.

read up on it i think it is something like a blown pico fuse.

if both were pioneer i am guessing the headunit.

can you hookup an ipod use stereo to rca cable direct to your amp for the speakers and turn the car on and rev it up and see if you hear the whine.

the deck is brand new, there shouldnt be a problem...

i had the same problem with my previous deck which was a pioneer.

I did the ipod directly to the amps and they work fine

ima take it to the shop tomorrow and talk to them about grounding the rca's.

I Upgraded The Battery Wire Since Its Like 2 Years Old, And The Sound Went Away..

Installer Said That The Battery Wire Just Wore Out, No Sure Why Tho..

He Also Grounded The Rca's For Me, Since He Even Since Its Highly Recommended.

After He Did That, There Seemed To Be A Sound Improvement..

They Did This For Me At No Charge.. And Did It Right Away, They Didnt Make Me Wait Cuz There Was Like 10 Cars In Front Before Me Waitin To Get Serviced..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.