Making a Subwoofer Box

FeelTheBeat

Canada
Hey all. Im making a box for 2 subs of a size between 10" and 15". I was wonderin what you would consider to be the best design for a box. Difficulty isn't a factor. Include the materials for it too. I'd like a unique idea instead of the usual rectangular box with 2 subs facing forward in the front. Im in need of suggestions. Thanx.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

How about some more info. Like what kind of vehicle are you gonna be puttin' this in? What kind of music do you listen to the most? Are you more interested in sound quality or just LOUD (SPL) music? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If a custom look is what you are after, definately fiberglass is the way to go, just be prepared for lots of sanding and preliminary testing of pieces to see if things fit. Finished product when done right is well worth it however. I'm hoping to do some glassing myself soon. We'll see. Here's an awesome site Ramos passed on to me if you're looking for some "how-to's", etc.

Wish you the best, be patient. God bless.

I'm not sure what kind of vehicle im going to put it into. I have a GMC sierra 1988 right now but i don't think i want to build a box for it since i already have subs put into it. I might just build it for any vehicle. It doesn't have to be custom fitted, just a box that could be set in the trunk, backseat, etc. So I might be selling it someone once im finished. Im building it in my shop class in school so im doing more for the credits. I figured i might as well build something im interested in. But i'll go check that site out Frraksurred. (btw, thanx for the input)

No prob. I commute 45 mins to work each day and I have a daughter who lives a state away I see once a month, so I put a lot of miles on my car. Consequently I buy high mileage cars that people have taken good care of and drive them till there about dead. I go through a "driver" about once every 2 years, so when I started this system I specifically did NOT get too customized. In other words I didn't build the sub box and amp rack to fit just my present car. I'm building them to be unique but generic at the same time. Most my cars have been 4 doors (car pooling), so I designed a box I could move from trunk to trunk mainly. I designed it to fit my 2 12's at an angle on the front, and then incorporated an amp rack on the back. It will have 2 Alpines and a cap recessed under shaded plexi w/ just the tops poking thru appropriote sized holes. I'm trying to figure out a way to replace the bottom plate of the amps w/ clear plexi and incorporate a mirror underneath them that will only show up (thru the shaded plexi) when lit by the neons. I'm not totally certain just yet, but hopefully you get the idea. I wish I had some pics to show you, but I don't yet. (I need to get a digital camera!)

It sounds like you're wanting to stay fairly "generic" as well. Maybe I can upload my rough sketches as brain storming material? It's rather basic in comparison to what most of these guys are used to, but hey... I'm just a humble beginner, hehe. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.