Many questions! Help! PLZ!!!

ArcaneParadise
10+ year member

Please help me anyone... I had a few questions I have been losing sleep over:

1. What is a crossover? Is it a unit or is it included with an amplifier? Please tell me as much as you can about this.

2. I heard that it is possible to send about 1100 Watts RMS to an Infinity Perfect 12 (350 RMS recommended) without blowing them. I told them they were stupid but they said that so long as you have "The Gains Turned Down Low" and "Good voltage flow" then they will be very loud and not blow. #1 Are they right? #2 How do I know how low to keep it if I want to send it a lot of power? #3 How do I know if I have enough voltage flow and what is a good amount of volts?

3. My current amp (RF Punch 800.2) has no little gain knobs although there is a little hole with where I would think they should be. However, I have one of those accesory knobs where I turn it and the subs go louder. Would that just override the gains so I would not need them anyway or: #1 Should I not trust the dealer because he might have taken them off. #2 Did it just come like that? #3 Should I ask about it?

4. A loud "WHINE" comes out of all speakers when I turn on my car and when I put my foot on the gas pedal. I took it into the dealer and he said he would fix it. So I waited 15 minutes and he said it was done. Then when I turned the car on my tweeters had the gain all the way down and the mid gain was all the way up and the whine was still there and actually louder (it seemed). So I turned up the gain on the tweeters and then a really really WHINE-y sound came out like when you put a microphone really close to a speaker or something except much worse. So since I had to leave I just kept the tweeter's gain down and went on my way with the whine continuing. If there is anything I can do what should I do?

5. #1 Is a Kicker Comp VR 10" capable of better SPL than an Infinity Perf 10"? #2 Is a Kicker Comp VR 10" capable of better SQ than an Infinity Perf 10"?

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER RESPOND!!! AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!. If I can get these questions answered I will be a much much much happier person and I might actually get a good night's sleep. THANK YOU AGAIN!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! ANY RESPONSES ARE WELCOME AND THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Check out your submission under subs and speakers. i placed my answer there.

Ya know, most of the stuff yer askin' can be answered in any car audio mag or in several hundred "do it your self" and "frequently asked questions" sites.

The fact your in here asking us to type several pages of answers to questions as trivial as how "do you put on a wrist watch" leads me to believe that your not willing to put any real time into this "sacred" hobbie.

Read a book or somthing and stop asking us why the sky is blue.

Originally posted by stones:Ya know, most of the stuff yer askin' can be answered in any car audio mag or in several hundred "do it your self" and "frequently asked questions" sites.

The fact your in here asking us to type several pages of answers to questions as trivial as how "do you put on a wrist watch" leads me to believe that your not willing to put any real time into this "sacred" hobbie.

man u should calm down a bit. everybody has got to learn sometime and i believe thats why they have these forums. i sure at one time u could'nt "put on a wristwatch " either. so cut the man some slack.

by the way the only thing "sacred" is God. this is just stereo and material.

Originally posted by stones:Ya know, most of the stuff yer askin' can be answered in any car audio mag or in several hundred "do it your self" and "frequently asked questions" sites.

The sky isn't actually blue
It is actually black.

What is the point of this site and many others. I thought it was to ask questions.

P.S

What the hell is this stupid "member rating" thing about.

I,ve been helping people around here a long time with no "thank you's" or fukin stars attributed to my goddamded name and then some ignorant bastard who's to lazy to do a little research to find out what the hell a crossover is, gets told to read up on the subject, and I end up with a ONE STAR rating, WELL F@CK YOU!!

In this world your expected to learn a couple things on your own I.E. Would you like some one to catch a fish for you or teach you how to catch a fish yourself

quote:

Originally posted by stones:
[QB]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/car-audio/part1/

Go here and read everything, TWICE.
You will learn all the basic's of building your own sound system
QB]

why didn't u just post this message in the first place? still trying to "put on your wristwatch

quote:

Originally posted by stones:
[QB]P.S
What the hell is this stupid "member rating" thing about.
I,ve been helping people around here a long time with no "thank you's" or fukin stars attributed to my goddamded name and then some ignorant bastard who's to lazy to do a little research to find out what the hell a crossover is, gets told to read up on the subject, and I end up with a ONE STAR rating, WELL F@CK YOU!!
In this world your expected to learn a couple things on your own I.E. Would you like some one to catch a fish for you or teach you how to catch a fish yourself
QB]

Its not stars or post count that matters, its the information provided. No matter how trivial it may seem, one has to start somewhere.

Take it easy,

-zane

Alright, where the hell did the stars go?

And why does this site look all messed up?

And where the hell is my watch?

And why won't that girl at "Hooters" have sex with me?

AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

don't know why the site is messed up, and the girl from Hooters probably has your watch and that's why she won't have sex w/u!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.