max rms for sx 18 in big box

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
Hello everyone. I have a re sx 18 d2 and the box i built for it is 9.2 after sub and port displacement. My ? Is what is the max rms i can give this sub with this size box. I understand that the sub can take up to 2k but thats changes for the boxx size right?... as of now i dont have an amp. This the reply i got from re daniel kim......rms,

It works fine even at 2000watts... Its all on you, how loud it can play and also remember its all on your ears and fingers on the volume Dial

Subject : max rms

Message : Hello. I just purchased an sx 18 (the older version) and the enclosure Im building for it is 48x22x25 tuned to 31 Hertz and 9.4 cu. Feet. I understand that the subwoofer is rated for 1000rms but my box is bigger the then what you have listed. So would 1500 rms be too much for the sub in that size of an box? I compete so doing rated is out of the question. Thanks for the help

Ok cool i guess box size doesnt effected in the way i previously believed. I seen people give no more then 500 with an over sized box. Now need to find a cheap go amp. Most likely hifonics

Ok i have a deal so that i can get any hifonics amp. So i hear a clean 2k will work for my box. What would be the best hifonics amp that would work for my needs....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.