Mazda Rx-7 wiring identification

Participant count
  • Participant list
CAM00060.jpg

Please help me identify the wires from the car and then the stereo wiring harness. From left to right these are the wires that attach to the stereo wiring harness:

1. white w/ red

2. blue w/ red

3. blue w/ yellow

4. black

5. red w/ black

6. blue w/ white

The last 4 wires all feed into the clip in the right of the picture

7. blue

8. blue w/ orange

9. brown

10. brown w/ white.

My stereo wiring harness has the following wires, not including the speaker wires:

A. blue

B. blue w/ white

C. brown

D. yellow

E. red

F. black

Appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks.

Bad hack job man. Best thing to do is to get a multimeter and start testing wires. As far as the stereo harness, blue is your remote turn on (to turn on an amp), blue/white is power antenna, yellow is constant power, red is acc, black is ground. Not too sure what the brown is. What kind of stereo is it?

Constant power and acc power. From the pic I can see that you have aftermarket speaker wire right there, so just figure out which is left and right . Do you have an amp in your car? And which Kenwood model do you have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.