MB Quart amp, need advice

GrnEydDvl
10+ year member

Does anyone here have any firsthand experience with an MB Quart QAA2500?

I can snag one new for around $300ish. I would be using them to power my Rainbow CS's. Gain limiting the wattage if necessary. Ikesound has 10 or so of them on Ebay.

I understand ikesound has a bad rep with some people on the board. But many others seem happy/ok with them and their feedback on ebay is strong enough.

Bad Idea? Good Idea? Lemme know.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

The likelyhood of your buying experience with IkeSound going either way is enough to keep me from spending money with them, unfortunately.

Some people have had no problems.

Others have had multiple horrid experiences.

The ratio isn't good enough for me to trust it, personally.

Thanks guys.

Has anyone actually used or experienced this amp? Were you happy with it? The **** thing is 4 inches tall and heavy - 20 lbs.

ive used many.. you may end up with a 300$ paperweight just fyi... rockford no longer fixes them from what i am being told and maxxsonics does not touch them period... rockford is telling everyone they will exchange them for the lightning strike series amps if they go bad... i have 3 qaa series sitting at the shop dead and no one will touch them.. ive heard this from TONS of dealers and they are very hit and miss to get a good one.. again just fyi. they sound pretty nice.. not stellar but imo they sound better then the rockford power series. but def not a vrx or a arc se...

ive used many.. you may end up with a 300$ paperweight just fyi... rockford no longer fixes them from what i am being told and maxxsonics does not touch them period... rockford is telling everyone they will exchange them for the lightning strike series amps if they go bad... i have 3 qaa series sitting at the shop dead and no one will touch them.. ive heard this from TONS of dealers and they are very hit and miss to get a good one.. again just fyi. they sound pretty nice.. not stellar but imo they sound better then the rockford power series. but def not a vrx or a arc se...
Scary. Approx how often do they fail? Any idea? I think you just talked me out of it.

Not trying to trend jack, but ygpm zfactor........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Not sure, but I've heard that Zed Audio does repairs on amps, including non-Zed.

http://www.zedaudio.com/aboutus.html

I learn something new every day. Had never heard of these Zed amps even though I recognize Steve Mantz's name.

Considering Ikesound's less than perfect rep and the MQ amp's less than perfect rep, no thanks.

These Zed amps look just like what I want. A deuce with a BB upgrade maybe. One of those should make the Rainbow's sing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.