MB Quart DSC1500.1D Functional but doubts about performance. CHEAP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Item(s) for Sale:

MB Quart DSC1500.1D

Item(s) Description/Condition:

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 375 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 750 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 1500 watts x 1 chan.

PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) MOSFET power supply

Wired remote bass level control included

LED power and protection indicators

Tuned Bass EQ (0-9 dB bass boost at 45 Hz)

Soft start sound

Preamp RCA outputs

Amp Protection with System Diagnostics LED’s to Protect Against: Current / Amperage Overload, Short Circuits, Thermal Overload, DC Offset

Unbalanced RCA inputs

Damping Factor: >180

Variable input level control: 0.2V-0.6V

Variable low-pass filter (35-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

Subsonic Filter (15-35 Hz)

Frequency response: 15-250 Hz

Dimensions: 14.17"L x 9.45"W x 2.7H

So heres the story im very new to car audio this is my second install ever. i bought this amp for $160 a week ago. Yesterday i accidentally hooked the power and ground up backwards. It popped the main power fuse and also took out a diode in the amp. I posted a thread about it on this forum here: Hooked my amp up backwards, Fixable? (Pictures) - Car Audio Classifieds

The general consensus is that amps are designed to blow diodes in the event of it being hooked up backwards. I was told that it would be fine and it just hook it up the right way. Well i replaced the inline fuse hooked it up and it worked just like they said it would. Currently my woofers dont fit in a box so i powered it free air and it just doest seem to put out the power i thought it would im not sure if this is due to damage to the amp or if i had the gain set wrong or settings on my head unit wrong i have no idea. But i have a friend with another amp that im just going to by so i dont have to deal with wondering.

The previous owner who i bought this amp from a week ago had this in his discription:

"I've had it for a little over a year and it's never let me down. Great amp they're very under rated they've been clamped at 1500 rms @2ohms

Mech:10/10

Cosm:10/10"

Id like to say that mechanically its unknown and cosmetically its a 9.5/10 it does have a small scratch here and there. Its not perfect....

Again just for clarification. I hooked it up wrong, thought i broke it. Replaced the main inline fuse hooked it back up and it works fine.

Powers on, plays music, drives subwoofer etc.

It just doesn't seem to power it as much as it should and because i have another amp available to me id rather not deal with trouble shooting this one.

Price:

I paid $160.00 a week ago. You can steal it from me for $80 + shipping

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

Bad diode that doesn't seem to effect anything.

3FBE7492-D411-4CB8-A70E-8212FED1BA43_zpsy85vzncl.jpg

1E043E38-54E9-4AE5-9906-9F8A2CA1878A_zpsejxdqyae.jpg

In my other thread i show slight continuity between power and ground this was just the diode i seperated it and when i re installed the amp in my car it powered on fine and now shows open.

0BD840E3-9CE7-4BB8-B6F4-28A595BB23E3_zpsdf3n0gur.jpg

924BABC1-9A1C-41C3-8575-BA19FACDFEC3_zpsershvvdb.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.