MB Quart Q or Rainbow SLC or Power T162s

metalmilitia
10+ year member

what are the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing either of the following and which would you recommend?

MB Quart Q series 6" (i can get a really good price on this, cheaper than T162s)

Rainbow SLC 6"

Rockford Power T162s

and which of them will have better midbass, power handling and off-axis response?

your help will be appreciated

what are the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing either of the following and which would you recommend?
MB Quart Q series 6" (i can get a really good price on this, cheaper than T162s)

Rainbow SLC 6"

Rockford Power T162s

and which of them will have better midbass, power handling and off-axis response?

your help will be appreciated
For the price, I'd take the Q's any ole day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i listen to heavy metal / reggae / hip hop / rock / dance.......so basically anything

i need splits that are gonna get loud and hold composure at high levels

i can get the Q's for $270 brand new in the box

does anyone know what the Q's retail for?
Prolly like 4 x's that price!!! You've got the deal o the century there man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also, they are a lively set which matches your music tastes quite nicely. I had Premiums and I miss the hard guitar riffs [think Tool] on those speakers....edgy, aggressive, snappy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thx guys

so now i know that they are good sounding speakers but does anyone know how hard i can push them?

they need to be heard above 145dB of bass too

Tool riffs.....mmmm gonna sound awesome

thx guys
so now i know that they are good sounding speakers but does anyone know how hard i can push them?

145DB on the MIDS? or on subs? if on mids u have lost ur mind LOL .

thx guys

All mechanical equipment has its physical limitations. MBQ rates them at 125w I believe. I had 425w per side on my Premiums for a bit. Not advising it, just stating that you can run as much clean power as you can afford to them and they will sound better and better. You have to know what you are doing here as the margin for error is way less IME. Cool thing about that set is there's a light bulb on the x-over that gives you early warning that you are in danger.

@nether - no dude not 145dB on da mids, its from 2 15" subs LOL

i think i will buy them tomorrow then and i'll post some install pics

thanks for the help guys

i hope i wont be dissappointed

@nether - no dude not 145dB on da mids, its from 2 15" subs LOL
i think i will buy them tomorrow then and i'll post some install pics

thanks for the help guys

i hope i wont be dissappointed

haha my bad man never saw where u said anything about subs.... which line of Q;s are they?

MBQQSC216.jpg

MB Quart Q-Line QSC 216

If these are your choices I would do the Rockford T's. Great midbass, better than the Quarts for the type of music you listen to(I listen to the same). I had a chance to hear them in a car when I was looking for mids and I was pretty impressed. Very tight on the drums and gut nasty with "Drop D" tuned guitar. They are power hungry though so keep that in mind. I have not heard the Rainbows but everyone here raves about them. Hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.