mb quart

Participant count
  • Participant list
Current model stuff is 'eh'.
so I take it you actually have them? I didn't think so.

I have PVI216 and PVI269, love the way they sound. as for your "harsh" comment that can easily be corrected through proper tuning. overall sound on a scale of 1-10, i'd give them a 9/10 only b/c I'm running them through a passive crossover. If i ran them through as active or bi-ample they'd get the 10/10. the PVI269 and PVI268 crossover does not have this feature built in, only the PVI213 and PVI 216

For the money they sound really good, what i have. I dont know about the new stuff or older stuff. To me the tweeter was harsh with my xover set at 0db i have it set to -4db.

I don't own them, but a very good friend has 216s in his Civic. They sound good, but they're far from amazing. 'Eh' didn't mean bad, just unexciting. There are plenty of other comps out there that sound just as good, for similar money.

Ive had numerous sets of quarts and have loved every set. I just switched out my pce-216's and will miss them. They were loud, crystal clear and had plenty of mid bass. Im not sure which model you are wondering about and also it will depend on your install. I love MB quart tweeters, most people say they are harsh but I have always loved the way they sound. Every review and person ive talked to about the new pvi stuff has raved about it also. But do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash on the higher end models. its worth it. Plus you can get the pvi's for under $200

They're my favorite speakers. I've gotten several sets and theyve never disappointed. They get loud as hell, sound great, and have a nice, full sound. People always bash them for having harsh tweeters, but they're easily tamed.

All the new MB Quart speakers made in Chinese plants by Maxsonics are worthless. They have weak and muddy midbass, the tweeters sound harsh and unnatural and do not take that much power. The older US and German made MB's had some real quality but not the new stuff.

All the new MB Quart speakers made in Chinese plants by Maxsonics are worthless. They have weak and muddy midbass, the tweeters sound harsh and unnatural and do not take that much power. The older US and German made MB's had some real quality but not the new stuff.
**** chinks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.