melted fused D-block

GavinVoy
10+ year member

stupid should hurt.
so ive got a bit of a problem here. Something went wrong with my KunKonceptz fused distribution block. its like the plastic liquified and bubbled over, the metal has some bubbles too, and the 1/0 closest to the kompression fittings is a little brown. though the fuses didnt blow, one of the plastic coverings melted as well, but did not blow.

DSC03237.jpg

DSC03233.jpg

DSC03230.jpg

does anyone know what could have happened? i guess it would be a good idea to replace the distribution block? should i call knuKonceptz, maybe get a replacement?

problem was a loose connection and it was arching and got hot. those compression fittings ****! when ever using 0g only use ring terminals and crimp and solder.

when ever you need 0g there is a need for alot of power so you have min 1 rear battery. go off the rear battery with ring terminals with a seperate anl holder with post type connections so you can use ring terminals, never a problem this way...

You probably passed the ratings of the fuses. Say a fuse is rated for 150a. Just because it sees 150.1a for a split second doesnt mean it will blow. Even if a good bit more passes through it for a bit it wont necessarily blow. They probably just got hot enough long enough to melt the actual fuse block without blowing the fuse.

Seen it happen a ton of times.

alright, so knukonceptz d-blocks arn't that great. any other company i should look at? maybe another fused d-block.

thanks for the input, kinda glad its a common problem.

Im a dealer for them... Never used any of their stuff until a friend showed me their products. I used them a few times and was hooked. Especially the wire. The HPM is the best stuff out there hands down.

As said, your best bet is to just get a battery in the back and crimp and solder ring terminals on to the wire and connect them to the battery with bolts. Then use a ANL fuse holder where the wire connects with ring terminals which are soldered.

But that should work too.

I have one of those Knu d blocks and have had it for over a year with no problems...although I will admit, the compression fitting approach on ANY of Knu's products ***** ass....Stinger is definitely better fer sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.