Memphis HCA3004 and Hertz HSK 165

Sir Plus
10+ year member

I have a quick question. I searched, but my issue is a little specific. I have a set of Hertz HSK 165s in my door, rated 250 max. I also have a Memphis MCA3004 that I was wanting to run bridged 2 ch. on the comps. The specs on the amp are 75 x 4 or 230 x 2 RMS. A friend is telling me that I shouldn't because Memphis amps are underrated and that I will actually be pushing around 450 RMS. This doesn't sound right. Will the 3004 and the Hertz be a good match, or is that seriously too much power? Thanks in advance.

yea you'll be fine, just make sure u dont have the gain all the way up, but im pretty sure someone on here has more than 250 watts running to their hsk's i believe.

yea you'll be fine, just make sure u dont have the gain all the way up, but im pretty sure someone on here has more than 250 watts running to their hsk's i believe.
I've got mine bridged off a Sundown SAX 100.4

320 x 2 @ 4ohm, and much underrated

Did the tuning by ear, my gains at about the 1/3 mark. Been about 2 months now, no problems with it yet

ya as long as you dont set your gains too high you'll be fine. i ran my 16-mc3004 at 2 ogm bridged for literally years without a problem. it might get warm, but as long as it has proper ventilation and air getting to it isnt restricted it'll be fine. great amp man. i miss mine

only problem I see is, if you dont get good airflow for the amp it may get hot and go into thermal protection fairly quickly. I have the same amp, mounted under the passeger seat and it will thermal in about 1.5 hours if rocked hard. they are a nice amp just not alot of heatsink for the aount of power that it has to dissipate

And you're RIGHT! I have 2 Esoteric Audio E7152 amps feeding 600 watts to EACH component and surprisingly the HSK's are taking them like a CHAMP!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.