Metal music on subs

video would be great. never heard of treo. how loud do those get? i have 2 polk 10s and they play every note i want to hear but i wish they got louder.
treo says csx is an spl woofer, seems pretty weird that they would play every note and the tight bass im looking for. not saying it cant or dont just seems weird. every sub should play it all then if an spl woofer does
Treo is a well built sub. "SPL" subs usually play very loud at 45-75hz range which is where most real instruments play (bass guiter, bass drum, etc.)

I run a pair of 15" shocker sigs in ported box tuned to 45hz and **** is nasty loud for rock music.

Audiopulse » Myths About Subwoofers

^^^^ Myths about subwoofers busted.

The type of driver, size and type of box, and the accoustics of the vehicle (and the way they all work together) are larger factors than the size of the driver. Large woofers get a bad rep mainly because they are used improperly. Also good midbass/midrange and proper integration between that and the subs will make a difference on your kick drum and guitar sounding natural.

Like the other guy said, I guarantee if you go to a concert of whatever band you're listening to in the car they aren't using 10" woofers.

i say you get some 8s

i have 4 dd 1508s and they play all kinds of rock the best out of all the subs ive ever heard

anything from nirvana to a day to remember to led zep and metallica

The size of the sub is not the issue, the design of the box its in and type of sub that's more important imo.
ya, my polks are SQ oriented and while good for a daily driver or someone newer to subs, they just dont get loud enough for me. Though i think if i had the 12" version i would be perfectly happy because the 12s prob handle more power.

Also knowing the type of sub is hard to determine for me at least. like some say they are sq like Image dynamics, and dd is spl, but i read like AQ street duty, doesnt say its an spl or sq or mix. i sure dont know just by looking at specs.

WARNING my camera *****

be nice.....

they told me that also.... they say it because there is no cooling on that sub.... also my camera does it NO justice....
Someday, those mids are going to commit suicide. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Ill get a vid of Hell Chose Me by Carnifex on my PSI/tc7 12. It is a good sub, eh plays metal and doesnt afraid of anything.

34492_1392162517020_1020847011_30898100_6409689_n.jpg

Sounds really good on metals, not really built for spl but still hits 143 or so.

Also if crutchfail was right, my sa8s wouldnt go below 50 hz, I have them tuned to 32 right now and they will play jeezy or pantera just fine. in fact 8s would bring you the most satisfaction in the correct box.

I listen to almost exclusively heavy metal and my 12" IDQs are great! Got them in a sealed downfire box in my 96 Z71 and they are loud as hell and extremely detailed.

And btw if you love metal check out Parkway Drive's new cd Deep Blue. Amazing!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.