Metal vs Silk tweeters

Theres also a tweeter made out of a REAL Diamond!! I think madisound sells it..Talk bout bling..honestly theres are alot of types of tweeters out there..

Theres also a tweeter made out of a REAL Diamond!! I think madisound sells it..Talk bout bling..honestly theres are alot of types of tweeters out there..
For $2,600 each (yes, a pair would cost you $5,200).

Anyways, as hoss was saying........everything in this thread is nothing more than a generalization. Without listening to the tweeter, there is not really any way to pinpoint how it will actually sound.

wooo hoooo! i knew there was a reason i was on the list //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

..another generalization...

I was a silk fan for a very long time. I am a metal dome convert. I always loved the sweet sound of silk in my tweeters, but I always noticed extra sounds in the midrange (1.5k-4k). I noticed this particularly on fast piano runs, violins and high female voices. I had assumed it was an issue with all tweeters untill I started listening to metal domes. Metal domes tend (again a generalization) to have faster decay rates than silks. I believe what I was hearing was interference between the signal and the decay on silks which caused a new tone to be created for a short time. The "detail" you can get with metal domes is highly attributable to their faster decay rates. If I had my choice I would use a planar tweeter in my car (amazingly fast decay rates) but those things do not like the car audio environment =(

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.