Midbass ?'s

So the Bravox guy gets chastised for recommending Bravox, but when Dave Edwards recommends Hybrid everyone just agrees with him
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

In a McDonald's world, this thread would have looked like this;

List some in addition to the brand you're repping? What you're doing is annoying and you look like a jerkoff, fyi.

Hybrid = booms like so.

It apparently applies to Bavox, but not Holy Grail Audio....err, I mean, Hybrid Audio ?

sorry if it comes off that way but from the installs I have heard they do sound good.Judges must think so too. there are alot of very good speakers out there(Peerless,Scans,even Vifa) but I have not heard as many installs done with those drivers, so I didn't want to comment on drivers I have not had that much experiance with....

I have yet to hear any Bravox speakers, they might be the end all be all.

I am a firm believer in making sure the install is of the highest quality. I have heard a $40 frontstage sound great BTW.

hope this clears it up:D

sorry if it comes off that way but from the installs I have heard they do sound good.Judges must think so too. there are alot of very good speakers out there(Peerless,Scans,even Vifa) but I have not heard as many installs done with those drivers, so I didn't want to comment on drivers I have not had that much experiance with....I have yet to hear any Bravox speakers, they might be the end all be all.

I am a firm believer in making sure the install is of the highest quality. I have heard a $40 frontstage sound great BTW.

hope this clears it up:D
My post wasn't really directed at you, instead at the hypocrisy of "other members" (*cough* Fox ).

All I did was copy-n-paste Fox's quote from earlier in the thread that was directed at the Bravox guy when he did the exact same thing you did //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My post wasn't really directed at you, instead at the hypocrisy of "other members" (*cough* Fox ).
Wait, you're calling me a hypocrite after you read everything I said in this thread, or just what you selectively read? You're loosing it, bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Maybe you could make a recommendation or two for our friend here, Squeak? Based on your experience with the products listed? Or not, or whatever......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Maybe the OP should build a Bravobrid X system with no subs and Squakinator SQ amps?

Maybe the OP should build a Bravobrid X system with no subs and Squakinator SQ amps?

Shows how much you know. The Squeakinator is a subwoofer, not an amplifier!

We had planned to make some SQ amps, but they all sounded the same //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Where are midbass frequencies crossed over at? (I think I had seen it was 200hz, but I'm not sure)
Depends on what frequency range the other drivers in your system can comfortable cover. If you're using a smaller mid that can't do well below ~400hz, then they'd probably need to be crossed a little higher.

And would midbass speakers be better for sound imaging in the kicks or the doors?
If you can fit them in your kicks along with everything else, that's the way to go.

If you don't have enough room in the kicks due to your midrange drivers, in a properly built door with time alignment is a good option as well.

I wouldn't do the doors if you didn't have T/A though.

We had planned to make some SQ amps, but they all sounded the same //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Umm, that's a good thing. Silly n00bx. Squeakinator QA FTW. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Depends on what frequency range the other drivers in your system can comfortable cover. If you're using a smaller mid that can't do well below ~400hz, then they'd probably need to be crossed a little higher.

If you can fit them in your kicks along with everything else, that's the way to go.

If you don't have enough room in the kicks due to your midrange drivers, in a properly built door with time alignment is a good option as well.
I have a set of PG RSD's, 5.25''. I might be able to go bigger, it's just my window comes real close to the motor of the mid, and my door panel sits kinda close to the inside of the door. So I needed a small but capable mid, and seeing the reviews I got them. But I can't seem to get midbass and have bass to go with it (the setting that controls the umph i need from my mids also messes with my sub output, making it really distorted and muddy sounding. When the gain is backed down to level everything out, the bass still doesn't sound as I want it too.) I've played with all of the settings on my hu and amp, and can't get it to sound right.

I'm also in search of more midbass, I currently have a JL 13W7 (sealed) & JL 1000/1 mono-block amp , Pioneer 5x7's speakers in rear ,and the 4 stock mach460 speakers in the doors (speaker in door and tweeters near the mirrors).. the JL pounds deep clean bass but is lacking in the midbass range, I have it crossed at the recommended 80hz. the amp's LPF is disabled I'm using the deck's LPF setting (Pioneer Premier P690UB)

Would replacing the door speakers with specific midbass drivers do the trick? (and add another amp to drive them of course) ..is doors the best place? i'm not sure where the best placement would be.

So I have a general question "Do people here speakers in the kick panels if your door speakers are already low enough(location wise)?' This is of course assuming you are running a midbass in the door already and/or comps/midrange in the a-pillar already.

So the Bravox guy gets chastised for recommending Bravox, but when Dave Edwards recommends Hybrid everyone just agrees with him
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

In a McDonald's world, this thread would have looked like this;

List some in addition to the brand you're repping? What you're doing is annoying and you look like a jerkoff, fyi.

Hybrid = booms like so.

It apparently applies to Bravox, but not Holy Grail Audio....err, I mean, Hybrid Audio ?
Bravox has been around so long (since 1953) that many prefer to look at the latest and greatest and have not really heard any decent SQ setups with the equipment in the US, plus it has only been available in the US in the name Bravox(since 2004). They have been a build house for many of the brands on the market today from Harmon Kardom to Mb Quartand numerous other brands over the years. So when people are looking for more information, the only thing I can say is that you have probably heard Bravox speakers before and never realized it. So I am working along with others to change the Bravox audio experience.

did someone say kicks?

IMG00304.jpg

Not sexay, but I made my kicks out of Tupperware. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif:emb://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.