MikeyB's Project Cougar - Back To The Audio

lookin good...
i have no idea why you would chose this car to do allll that work on though...

but, your doing a good job and doing it yourself
I just favor what the MN12's represent over the SN95's.

These cars are awesome, mark viiis, t-birds, cougars. Both the history and platform is what drives most of it for me. I used to have a red thunderbird which I sold to be able to put this car together. My uncle actually got me this one and Im trying to restore it to new to kind of prove that I can do it, or at least fail trying lol.

Where is H-Town? Hamtramack? Harper Woods?
lol highland, out in the boonies.

well, to each their own man.

I would of picked a "nicer" car (in my opinion atleast) to put all this money and work into.

But like i said...your doing it yourself, and coming from a fellow mechanic, your doing one hell of a job.

Nice 4.6 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Forgot my favorite pic of all.

0827091649.jpg

Crappy cell phone though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Could have got a fox, lx trunked car. Sexiest late model mustangs in my book. But I like what you are doing, not many people do it.
Thats pretty much why Im doing it and why Im drawn to these cars over the mustangs. Just because nobody does lol. Everybody and their brother has a fox body.

I would love for it to run a mid to high 13 quarter once its said and done with. Once I get it tuned and get my headers on I might see 270-280 to the ground. Then get some buillitt cams and hope for 300+

well, to each their own man.
I would of picked a "nicer" car (in my opinion atleast) to put all this money and work into.

But like i said...your doing it yourself, and coming from a fellow mechanic, your doing one hell of a job.
Just curious but what dont you like about it? Its definitely a heavy bisch, 4750lbs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif.

Just curious but what dont you like about it? Its definitely a heavy bisch, 4750lbs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif.
First off, im not a ford fan:D

second off, i just think those cars are fugly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

btw, where are you in michigan...i think i asked you before, but i cant remember?

You should be able to get that to the ground. Didn't read much on the build up. Forged I am asuming. Put a Vortech v-2 sq in it and call it a day. My dad's 04 mach is seeing about 470 to the ground with a v2 sq. Granted its a 4v engine but you should be able to get over 4 easily to the wheels with a bit of forced induction, especially if you have forged internals

First off, im not a ford fan:D
second off, i just think those cars are fugly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

btw, where are you in michigan...i think i asked you before, but i cant remember?
lol thats cool, a lot of people dont seem to like them. But I do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I posted it above ^

You should be able to get that to the ground. Didn't read much on the build up. Forged I am asuming. Put a Vortech v-2 sq in it and call it a day. My dad's 04 mach is seeing about 470 to the ground with a v2 sq. Granted its a 4v engine but you should be able to get over 4 easily to the wheels with a bit of forced induction, especially if you have forged internals
Thats the only thing that ***** about this motor, it has powdered metal rods in it. Also, the heads arent ported. Those are the two major limiting factors in me making any more power with it. It had to be built and put in fairly quickly so I could drive the car again and it wasnt able to get either with it.

Ultimate goal would be to get an aluminum block, a newer set of npi heads and have them ported and port matched to the pi intake ports, have the cams from the old motor and the headers and just run that with an s-trim and small shot.

glad to hear you are back at it Mikey. Will be lookin in on yur build for sure.

What did you do about fixing that 2500?

and if I'm down in yur area again I'll have to hit ya up and see it

I think it'll be faster than high 13s
If she goes on a diet and gets a little juice it could probably go high 12's. The big thing is the weight, Ive got a solid 1000 pounds on the mustang guys.

Nice work so far. Keep it up! I think those cars are nice too, but the Lincoln Mark VIII is my fav!
Mine too!

glad to hear you are back at it Mikey. Will be lookin in on yur build for sure.
What did you do about fixing that 2500?

and if I'm down in yur area again I'll have to hit ya up and see it
Still havent gotten it fixed yet lol, Im going to send it in to kicker whenever I get the subs reconed.

Where did you buy your ID OEMs?

Kevin
Got them all of hessdawg a while back.

love the detial m8 nice work reminds me of an episode of overhauling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.