MMats cx6 pro or ppi deq.8 ??

Boominburban

CarAudio.com Elite
Athens, TN
Well, since my step daughter decided to do damage to the wifes volvo. My budget for this "rebuild" has now been slashed by about $1200. I wanted to get the ARC dsp from wanderer, but that just isn't going to happen now.

SO, do I just go with the CX6 pro for $299, or do I spend the extra $$$ and get the PPI DEQ.8 for $350? I need at least a 4 way X-over with BP capabilities .... which the MMats cx6 fits the bill awesomely, but, then I do not have any tuning short of adding my Audio Control EQT's into the system, which does not give me any TA capabilities. Where as the deq.8 does EQ duty as well as TA, ect... for the extra $50 ... and less components in my cab .....

I'm leaning to the deq.8, but was interested to see what some of you might have to toss in for ideas ..... the $$ is running short quick ..... Looking to get loud, but sound good doing it, not a total spl mobile ....

system;

HU - 80prs

infinity kappa 6.5 midrange and treo tsx-25 tweets on ppi 900.4

CDT HD - M6 mid bass on ppi 600.2

2 FU Audio 15's on 2 Synergy Audio WFO 15.1's strapped - in vented or 4th order BP enclosure ....

in a 91 F150 club cab .....

TIA ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since my step daughter decided to do damage to the wifes volvo. My budget for this "rebuild" has now been slashed by about $1200. I wanted to get the ARC dsp from wanderer, but that just isn't going to happen now. SO, do I just go with the CX6 pro for $299, or do I spend the extra $$$ and get the PPI DEQ.8 for $350? I need at least a 4 way X-over with BP capabilities .... which the MMats cx6 fits the bill awesomely, but, then I do not have any tuning short of adding my Audio Control EQT's into the system, which does not give me any TA capabilities. Where as the deq.8 does EQ duty as well as TA, ect... for the extra $150 ... and less components in my cab .....

I'm leaning to the deq.8, but was interested to see what some of you might have to toss in for ideas ..... the $$ is running short quick ..... Looking to get loud, but sound good doing it, not a total spl mobile ....

system;

HU - 80prs

infinity kappa 6.5 midrange and treo tsx-25 tweets on ppi 900.4

CDT HD - M6 mid bass on ppi 600.2

2 FU Audio 15's on 2 Synergy Audio WFO 15.1's strapped - in vented or 4th order BP enclosure ....

in a 91 F150 club cab .....

TIA ....
Doesn't the 80prs already have all those x-over capabilities?

Consider a passive network with tweeter attenuation for the mids and tweets. Cheap, easy, effective.

You can still time align the mids and midbass but use the passives to center the tweeters.

OR... just add a miniDSP for 100 bucks. Done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.