Mmats sq4100 or 4160

Participant count
  • Participant list

mooseknuckle
10+ year member

Bay Area
So it looks like im going to be getting one of these 2 amps but I am a little unsure which to get. From what I have read these are pretty solid amps and will hopefully last awhile. My question is would it be worth it to get the bigger amp or just stick with the 4100?

Im going to run these to some CDT HD61's and im not sure what rear speakers to use yet. I know the 4100 will run 100w to each side but wouldnt it make more sense to get the 4160 and turn the power down? That way if i ever decide to get some serious speakers ill have an amp with enough power to handle them. Its just an idea since the price difference is very marginal. Ideas? Thoughts?

So it looks like im going to be getting one of these 2 amps but I am a little unsure which to get. From what I have read these are pretty solid amps and will hopefully last awhile. My question is would it be worth it to get the bigger amp or just stick with the 4100?
Im going to run these to some CDT HD61's and im not sure what rear speakers to use yet. I know the 4100 will run 100w to each side but wouldnt it make more sense to get the 4160 and turn the power down? That way if i ever decide to get some serious speakers ill have an amp with enough power to handle them. Its just an idea since the price difference is very marginal. Ideas? Thoughts?
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/558328-fs-mmats-sq4160.html#post8187442

Good guy to deal with. $400 shipped for the 4160. A little headroom is always a plus.

hey man you never got back to me ,the other day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.