Most volume for 10w7 on 1000 JL watts

Participant count
  • Participant list

nickolas_j_t
10+ year member

I approve this message
Midwest
I have a kenwood H.U. and the 10 W7 is temporary. I have aJL 1000.1 and it was ment for the 13W7, but it was blown when I got it from EGAY. Whats the max volume i can put to the 10 without it suffering. I plan on selling it in about 3 months.

I know the RMS... I just don't want to put to much to it.... Can I set the gain properly without an electronic device?

All you need to do is turn the radio up a little above your max listening level, then go adjust the gain on the sub amp. Make sure its not getting too hot or bottoming out. Shouldnt have to worry about clipping im sure the sub will bottom out before the amps gain is high enough to clip. Make sure you set the ssf right too.

You won't overpower it unless you crank the gains and bass boost.

That sub can handle it cleanly given the box allows more power before mechanical limits. Worry more about misusing it in an improper box than overpowering it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.