Motorcycle Modding

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jim Boom
10+ year member

Physical Sound Waves
MON
First off I know this will get bumped to the car performance or w/e like my last thread I posted in here, but when I post in there no one replies so hopefully I get some before it gets bumped. So the ? is are there any cheap mods you can do to a motorcycle to boost the performance? In particular a model NX250 Honda motercycle.

Buy a better motorcycle-

Or look for stroker kits for your motor-

Ported head for your motor-

Performance pipe-

Lose some weight fatass-

Synthetic Oil-

K&N filter-

NOS-

Replace all of the ignition parts-

Go naked-less air resistance-

Re-jet the carb-

I believe I have seen a stroker kit for your bike for about 300-500 bucks though- Most importntly, make sure it is running well and all the maintence is up to date before complaining about performance.

Really the best thing you can do is buy a bigger bike if you wanna go faster- justt learn to ride on your lil' 250 and save up for a Honda CBR1000RR

Yea, I sound sarcastic and issed off, but I tried to help.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

You need to find a local Honda dealer and ask them. Sometimes there are mufflers and air cleaners you can get a couple more horses from, sometimes not.

Thanx, it runs great I just wondered if there was anything I could do to give it a few more horses. It has great accelorating its just once you get to 85 she doesn't wan't to go any faster.

Dude...modding a bike ***** period. a $1500 exhaust system only adds 3hp along with an $15 air cleaner for maybe 1-2hp, $500 Chip for ~5hp, and an outrageously expensive $3000 ohlins suspension....the only thing that made a difference was the suspension; oh....and the exhaust note changed. and anyways...0-60 in under 3sec is good enough for me. the only thing I do now to my bikes are bolt on exhaust cans and undertails...just too much money for ineffieceincy (Spelling?)...just my 2cents

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jim Boom

10+ year member
Physical Sound Waves
Jim Boom
MON
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date