MS8 5 way ???

I agree 100% with the guys who suggested getting rid of the 6.5" drivers and using a 4-way setup consisting of: tweeter, 4" mid, 8" midbass, subs

The MS-8 only has 8 outputs, so NO, it will NOT properly run a 5-way setup which requires 10 outputs.

You'd have too many drivers that would work against each other competing for the same frequencies. With proper time alignment and placement you can "rise the sound stage". The kits you're talking about are specifically made to work with imaging crossovers, you would just be mishmoshing stuff together and hoping the MS-8 can process you to death to get it to where you want it.

Hmm for some reason I can not go to the 2nd page of this thread

The 6.5 is not needed. Let the 8 play the midbass, 4 on midrange and tweeters for highs. And yes this will raise the stage and keep u from splitting the mfrequencies between too many drivers like a 3 way is good for
I don't see any reason to do that....
Why 6.5s and 8s?

I had a terrible time running the ms8 with mids/tweets in the pillars and 8s in the doors. I really think the ms8 was specifically made for factory locations and center channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

shadow

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
shadow
Dallas,Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date