MVH-8200BT subwoofer 50hz?

Assuming the headunit has 3 sets of preouts, the sub preouts should be controlled by ONLY the LPF. The Front and Rear preouts for speakers should ONLY be affected by the HPF...Just making it clear for the OP.

And OP, might as well try readjusting your gain.
Yes, I have it set like that with LPF for the sub and HPF for the mids and highs. I had someone tune my amp for me and was great. Now with the new headunit it seems to have a little less bass. I'll play with the amp gain in the morning. So far I have the headunit HPF to off (set to around 100hz on the amp) and LPF set to 80hz on the headunit. Not sure what it's set at ont he amp. I believe 30hz (lowest it can go)

does your HU have a sub level control?
Your first HU may have had all 4v of pre out when the sub level was flat and the new one may give 4v when the sub level is maxed out. My HU gives out full voltage with my sub control all the way up, so the gain gets set with it there and that's just how I control it, haven't clipped or stunk up a sub yet.
I haven't seen a sub control like my kenwood had. (pushed in knob, set between -15 to +15 for sub) However there is a little sub control in the same menu as the LPF. I think -6db to +6db. It's set at 0db now. If I turn it up I head the sub bottoming out.

One relay or just a simple ground switch
Simple ground switch? You mean a toggle switch where you connect the ground and the brake cable?

I used the relay switch but it does not work.

I got ground to 87+85, then remote blue to 86, then brake cable to 30. Is that how you have it? I also have another relay to turn on my amp which comes after with the remote and ground sharing b/w the 2 switches.

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.