my alternator

• Thread starter <kidd8>
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
&

<kidd8>

alright I have two JL 12W3 in my car and I have a

150 crossfire with it and my alternator went out. I know it was becasue of my speaker becasue when I idol at a stop light my guague goes wild so what do you recomend for an amp.

first what you need to do is get a fared capacitor they push voltage into your amp so it isent gasping for voltage. this will take all the stress off your alternator and then your lights wont dim eaither. you can get multiple capacitor also......... it has nothing to do with your amp the amp just need more power thats all............everyone that has a good system knows this man.

I would reccomend that you upgrade you alternator to one of a little higher output. Most of the time you can take your stock alternator in to a motor winding shop and have them rewind your alt for higher output.- That is by far the cheapest option. However you can purchase (depending upon application) a ready to go high output alternator from Stinger, Streetwires, Monster, etc.

Getting a Cap is not your solution. Your car allready is straining to get the required voltage it needs to operate, so a cap would only be a band aid and would not attend to the problem. Repair a problem at its source, dont cover it up. An install is only as good as its weakest component. The amp is not your problem.

Go for the alternator and you will be good to go.

Take it easy,

-zane

a cap will only help a little, if you have an american car, i.e. ford or chevy you can get a costum made alternator, you need to add up the total watts of your system and, u divide by 12 i think or something, there is an equation, but the number u get after you divide is the amount wattage altenator you need.

My altenator used to stop charging when my car was at an idle, but would perform fine as soon as i increased the engines rpm. The altenator was a a brand new 120amp G.M. model, which performed fine so long as it had enough rpm. So to fix the problem i went and bought a smaller 12$ sprocket to replace the original sprocket on the altenator, Ive never had idleing problems since, even with the stereo at full volume.

zane and stones are both correct. the problem is your altenator not your amp. and you can do what either one said. if you goes stones direction make sure your altenator is a good one and at least 120 amps. you can get quality underdrive pulleys from any respectable parts store or a catalog like summit. they make them for most anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.