My amp going into protect only second start.

Dont even drive it right now..Park it,take the alt off, and take it, and get it tested,usually FREE.But The Regulator is bad for sure,dont take a chance driving around anymore than you have too.PARK IT!

Dont even drive it right now..Park it,take the alt off, and take it, and get it tested,usually FREE.But The Regulator is bad for sure,dont take a chance driving around anymore than you have too.PARK IT!
I agree alternator can be changed easily if the entire thing is bad , usually only 3 or 4 bolt and easy to change . but the brain of a car is something that might cost more than the car is worth in some cases to repair

I agree alternator can be changed easily if the entire thing is bad , usually only 3 or 4 bolt and easy to change . but the brain of a car is something that might cost more than the car is worth in some cases to repair
Try a couple Grand ,and possibly having a battery Blow up Under the Hood with Battery Acid everywhere.That would be a MoFo to Clean up as well.ive had several cars, and only two have done that to me,and have been lucky..others would drain the batt over night

Try a couple Grand ,and possibly having a battery Blow up Under the Hood with Battery Acid everywhere.That would be a MoFo to Clean up as well.ive had several cars, and only two have done that to me,and have been lucky..others would drain the batt over night
yep something so small can total a car is stupid , but it can happen

My cars a 1992 Mazda 626. It's prob the voltage regulator? I think I could just get one of those.

It's parked right now and has been for abit, I just changed the alternator belt so maybe it is a bad alternator. Don't really want to take it out, my buds van runs at 15.0 and climbing.

I read 16.0v on the amp which is fucked so I'm not starting it again.

I had an alternator do that once..I had to turn everything electrical on I could to keep the voltage down..Its the Internal Regulator in the alternator.Its bad..you need to replace it before you burn up the electrical,in the vehicle/wires/brain/ect!
Ah the regulator is in the alternator?

it could be so many things . but until you start to narrow it down who knows . we can sit here and ask question about what could be wrong . i think if you take off your battery and alternator that is a good start and have them tested at a auto parts store

it could be so many things . but until you start to narrow it down who knows . we can sit here and ask question about what could be wrong . i think if you take off your battery and alternator that is a good start and have them tested at a auto parts store
Yeah, one at a time though haha, just askin cause I know the battery is bad, I drained it allot with my old sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.