My bad luck with Sundown :(

You'd think how QBenjamin made a fuss about getting screwed, he would not do someone else like that.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261114

As forum bonerish as Sundown amps are, he just had that monster laying around? He should have shipped you the receipt just in case. But instead he told you to deal with Jacob?
Your response shows how ignorant you are. I traded a Phoenix Gold Ti12D Elite for that amp from Jacob. I never had ANY intentions on using it, but Jacob wanted that sub and the 100.4 was a hot seller at the time.

When I received that amp from Jacob, I never even tested it out because JACOB told me that it was brand new.

I told Cheesemind to contact Jacob, because I had a similar situation with a 1500D that I bought used off of the forum, and all I had to do was get the original buyers info, and Jacob took care of the rest for me.

Again, had Cheesemind PM'd me that Jacob was giving him a hard time because he had no receipt, this issue would have been resolved by me personally.

I have 2 Memphis Big Belle's in my posession, 1 in my Monte Carlo, and the second sitting in a box brand new. So do you consider that a monster just sitting around also?

Think B4 you post.

I purchase a 100.4 used from Qbenjamin or something like that. He states that it's brand new and he has a warranty still, etc in the for sale thread. Well it turns out that there is a blown channel on this thing. I contact him to ask him for warranty information and he tells me to talk to Jacob and that he recently purchased it. Jacob tells me that as long as I have the original receipt I can transfer the warranty. I contact Qbenjamin and he says he doesn't have the receipt. Great. Amp sent off to DB-R to get repaired. Will end up costing probably more than 100$ over what it would have cost brand new.QUOTE]

I received that amp straight from Jacob via a trade. I didn't have any paperwork for the amp (Not to say that Jacob didn't send it), at the time that he asked about it. For starters, I thought he didn't know what he was doing install wise, as he contacted me a couple of months later saying that one of the channels were blown. I told him that he needed to get with Jacob, as I didn't see it being much of a big deal for Jacob to provide warranty services for him.
I DID NOT EVEN ONCE RECEIVE a PM from this guy saying that Jacob required a receipt in order to entertain any warranty issues. Had he PM'd me back and said that Jacob was giving him the run-around because he had no proof of receipt, I would have emailed Jacob myself.

Please do not question my selling follow-ups without getting ALL of the information.
i'm just saying that he bought what he thought was a new amp off of you that did not work. So either you or Jacob put out a bogus product. But you're right, I was out of line. That's you guys deal not mine.

I purchase a 100.4 used from Qbenjamin or something like that. He states that it's brand new and he has a warranty still, etc in the for sale thread. Well it turns out that there is a blown channel on this thing. I contact him to ask him for warranty information and he tells me to talk to Jacob and that he recently purchased it. Jacob tells me that as long as I have the original receipt I can transfer the warranty. I contact Qbenjamin and he says he doesn't have the receipt. Great. Amp sent off to DB-R to get repaired. Will end up costing probably more than 100$ over what it would have cost brand new.QUOTE]

i'm just saying that he bought what he thought was a new amp off of you that did not work. So either you or Jacob put out a bogus product. But you're right, I was out of line. That's you guys deal not mine.
First off, I SHOULD have taken care of this issue with Jacob directly, maybe this thread wouldn't have come about. I just ASSUMED that Jacob would look into the claim as he previously did for me.

Second, I should have replied to this thread earlier. This would have been great, but I have moved up in position, and rarely have time to check my email or log on ANY website.

Third, I will go and dig up everything in my garage tomorrow and try to find that receipt from Jacob. This should have been mailed along with the amp, but unfortunitely I misplaced it.

Your response shows how ignorant you are. I traded a Phoenix Gold Ti12D Elite for that amp from Jacob. I never had ANY intentions on using it, but Jacob wanted that sub and the 100.4 was a hot seller at the time.
When I received that amp from Jacob, I never even tested it out because JACOB told me that it was brand new.

I told Cheesemind to contact Jacob, because I had a similar situation with a 1500D that I bought used off of the forum, and all I had to do was get the original buyers info, and Jacob took care of the rest for me.

Again, had Cheesemind PM'd me that Jacob was giving him a hard time because he had no receipt, this issue would have been resolved by me personally.

I have 2 Memphis Big Belle's in my posession, 1 in my Monte Carlo, and the second sitting in a box brand new. So do you consider that a monster just sitting around also?

Think B4 you post.
So Jacob screwed you? Wow. I'm not getting what you're saying. You saying you sold an amp without testing it? Why would you do that?

Monster was an overstatement. When I was looking into a 100.4 they could not be had.

I read before I posted, and Cheese must have not given all the details. You're too defensive dude. My only deal is in transit, but I made sure it did what it do before I shipped it. Not just trusted Jacob. But I don't know how much **** you got laying around. You just said you had a Belle brand new. You may have not had time.

And for the record, the thread wasn't about you. You were mentioned.

So Jacob screwed you? Wow. I'm not getting what you're saying. You saying you sold an amp without testing it? Why would you do that?
Monster was an overstatement. When I was looking into a 100.4 they could not be had.

I read before I posted, and Cheese must have not given all the details. You're too defensive dude. My only deal is in transit, but I made sure it did what it do before I shipped it. Not just trusted Jacob. But I don't know how much **** you got laying around. You just said you had a Belle brand new. You may have not had time.

sundownz did not intentionally rip anyone off man, just lay off that **** right now

im sure he tested the amp, but somtimes things just happen, could have happened when the amp was hooked up, or maybe it was droped during shipping

dont be so quick to say "he's ripping somone off"... its not quite as clear-cut as you try to make it

Why would one not get defensive? A name is all you have, once it's crapped on, it's tarnished. You were the only poster in this entire thread that tried to make it seem as though I INTENTIONALLY tried to screw this guy. I have the same screen name on EVERY FORUM that I am on, so when one person starts saying that I tried to screw someone on a sale, or anything, it tarnishes my selling trust factor.

Also, I have sold quite a few items that were brand new, and untested by me, on this forum. Out of all the new items, this was the first that I have been informed to be defective.

sounds like ben didnt know the amp was defective.

And he said he woulda fix the problem right away, if he woulda been informed about the problem.

SOund like the OP doesnt know how to email someone to see what ben could have done.

sundownz did not intentionally rip anyone off man, just lay off that **** right now

im sure he tested the amp, but somtimes things just happen, could have happened when the amp was hooked up, or maybe it was droped during shipping

dont be so quick to say "he's ripping somone off"... its not quite as clear-cut as you try to make it

I never once mentioned he ripped anyone off. but the amp should have been tested before it was shipped. Q said the amp was direct from Jacob.

It was insufficiently packaged, the packager is to blame. It should be able to survive a 6-8 foot drop regardless of what it is.

But again, my comments were not meant to cockblock Q's future sales. hell, I'm interested in that Belle. I never did a deal with Q so my opinion about him counts for ****. I never called him a bad anything. The thread is about how dude has invested over a grand into Sundown products and only has 1 running.

Let me start off by saying WOAH...Chill...
I didn't make this thread to bash you, and if you remember right, I didn't post negative feedback about you over this ordeal. I just stated the facts and was expressing my frustrations. I did even in our PM's state that I didn't know if the channel was blown before I had it installed, and that's why I never left negative feedback. I only mentioned your name because I ended up having to take a loss on that amp, and I only mentioned it to add to the other frustrations I was having.

I didn't mean to make it seem like you're this horrid scammer or anything, and I apologize if I did... It's just that I bought a supposed (please do not take offense) new item from you, and it has a blown channel the first time I take it out of the box. Something like that happens, and you tend to assume (sometimes unjustly) that maybe the seller didn't sell a new item. I apologize if I was wrong, and I appear to be, as you seem sincere.

Again, I never left negative feedback about you and I don't have any facts to show you weren't honest with me and that's why I didn't. Sorry for bringing your name into this thread, you were just one of the people that I purchased from that ended up with me having an amp problem. (Notice, you are not the only one).
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif the person you're quoting isn't the person you bought the amp from.

Chill fellas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Warranty is being taken care of here despite any trading / swapping that has occurred. The OP is getting lined out, so all is well.

Even the best equipment sometimes has an issue - that is why I concentrate on service, and that is a big reason why people buy Sundown equipment.

Chill fellas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Warranty is being taken care of here despite any trading / swapping that has occurred. The OP is getting lined out, so all is well.

Even the best equipment sometimes has an issue - that is why I concentrate on service, and that is a big reason why people buy Sundown equipment.
You do seem to have some of the best customer service of any audio company around.

I've never bought a product from Sundown Audio, but Jacob's dignified and prompt response to this thread has just about convinced me. I know where my next amplifier will be coming from.

Sorry for the derail, just had to throw that out there.

Yeah, that's why I bought exclusively Sundown myself. I should have just emailed Jacob directly and explained my problem to avoid this negative thread. The reason I didn't is because Jacob isn't responsible for a **** thing purchased 2nd hand off a car audio forum. I didn't feel right asking Jacob to make up for my unlucky purchases, which is why I didn't email him directly.
Anyways, great company, will definitely continue to purchase Sundown myself.
Actually Jake is willing to warranty traded and sold amps from what I have heard, you just must have the original receipt.

I have absolutely no installation skills and I could still probably swap amps with no problem. BUT,
If I swap amps and screw something up, they can blame me for it. If anything at all comes up messed up with the system afterwards, they can blame me for messing with the amp, even if the problem has nothing to do with anything I touched, they would still try to say it was something I did, if I went in there messing with stuff myself.

I let them handle it because this way if something ends up wrong, they end up having to fix it, and they don't have an opportunity to escape it by blaming me.

I hope that makes sense.

very understandable.

do they charge u each time u bring in a amp.

U cant really screw a amp up, if u disconnect batt and make sure connecting everything into the correct location.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.