My Crossfire VR404 Died. Need Recommendations and Help!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

badstang123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a Crossfire VR404 which is their 4x50 watt amp. When I turn the vehicle on the green LED lights up stays lit for around 5 seconds or so and then it starts turning off and back on every second or so (Mind you this amp has no protect mode). If the head unit is playing music while this is happening for the second the amp is on it will play music. Also note that I had some engine whine before all of this happened.

To isolate my problem with the amp turning off I tried disconnecting the rca's with no difference and also disconnected the speakers with no difference. I then switched in a 2 channel I had laying around to power the front speakers and it works flawlessly. The engine whine even went away. For this reason I do know it's the amp. Also the sub amp worked with no cutouts throughout.

I have two questions. While I may be capable and able to learn I am not knowledgeable enough to repair it myself and don't feel like trying. First does it sound worth fixing? If so what do you guys think a repair would normally cost? And second is there anywhere near 91350 (SoCal) that repairs car amps. Thanks.

- Justin -

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.