My new toys for the GTi

Cdieselfan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
BFE, Ks
Finaly got all my front stage in today. Will start the install next week. Here's some teaser picks.

100_0220.jpg

100_0221.jpg

100_0218.jpg

100_0219.jpg

Veratis woofer-6.5 in the kicks

Veritas HLCD under the dash of course

Xtant/Morel domes in the a pillers

Will be upgradding the compression driver for the horns to some better B&C's

I miss them already!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Can't wait to hear what you think of the setup. Some of the best of OLD SCHOOL.

I miss them already!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
Can't wait to hear what you think of the setup. Some of the best of OLD SCHOOL.

HeHe Sorry, my babies now. ^ buy this guys stuff.

outstanding

i have horns and 8's in my GTI.

check out the thread(s) i have. just do a quick search and come up with this;

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3672131

they all should be on that first page. anything that says GTI or IDQ should have some cool pics in it somewhere.

good luck, the drivers side is sorta simpe. might have to relocate the fuse panel like i did. i just un bolted it and moved it to a different mounting location. the passanger side has NOTHING to mount it to. pissed me off.

Are those the Aluminum Horns or the Limited edition plastic composite horns?
They are the composite horns. Really like the built in mounting point. Will be using all-thread for the rear mounting location and bolts for the front. The all-thread allows me some adjustmant of the hornangle. Once its set I will use a jam nut to lock it in place. Will have to remove some metal in the kicks for the midbasses though so I can get them back far enough to align them with the horns correctly.

your angle should be level from front to back. and as far back towards the the firewall as possible. the short end of the throat should be 4 inches from the perpendicular point of your ear.

And to be honest you should not need the extra tweeters.

good luck with your install post up pics of them when you get them in.

The tweeters will be only be playing from7.5khz and up and be attunuated by 12db. Their just used to raise the sound stage. Set in aseveral cars with horn installs. A little angle can help with hight also. Just as long as their not pointing right at you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Cdieselfan

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Cdieselfan
BFE, Ks
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date