My "daily" setup PICS

nice man not too bad.....try messing wt a new box or sumthin....in a ranger u could be hitttin ALOT louder wt two type r's...more port should do it

What do you mean it wouldnt make a difference. There are many things it could touch and ground out if it was the +.
There's nothing for it to hit, it lays there nicely. If it was a hazard, I wouldn't leave it that way. The only thing that can possibly touch it is the power wire, it WILL NOT touch the chasis.

put the port on the drivers side and the score will go up
Thanks for the advice. Care to explain why it will help?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Either way, stacking that many ring terminals on top of each other is gonna add a lot of resistance to the grounds and is definatly gonna be counter productive.
A chasis ground is a lot of resistance anyways, and everybody does it. This is just my daily boom, so I'm not sweating it. Once I get my other strand of wire so that I can run my ground to the battery, it will change:)

A chasis ground is a lot of resistance anyways, and everybody does it. QUOTE]
Chassis ground is a lot of resistance? Actually, try taking a DMM and measuring the resistance from one chassis point to another....you might find it's actually *not* a lot of resistance.

nice man not too bad.....try messing wt a new box or sumthin....in a ranger u could be hitttin ALOT louder wt two type r's...more port should do it
I agree that it could be louder. You also have to take in account the power that I have available, and that I haven't had enough meter time to see what changes to my setup will raise my score. I have 3 4" aero's, and I do think that it's time they are put into use:naughty: I do think that if I played around with my setup on a meter for awhile that I could gain atleast a db, because I wasn't prepared at all when I was metered.

A chasis ground is a lot of resistance anyways, and everybody does it. QUOTE]
Chassis ground is a lot of resistance? Actually, try taking a DMM and measuring the resistance from one chassis point to another....you might find it's actually *not* a lot of resistance.
Considering that the body of a car is about equal to 4 awg and the metal has a lot of impurities, imo the chasis is not a good ground.

Considering that the body of a car is about equal to 4 awg and the metal has a lot of impurities, imo the chasis is not a good ground.
Chassis is a really good ground by themelves . Most car now a days are unibody. The body is an integral part of the frame. So you don't have the big arse steel channels running front to back anymore like in the old days. But trucks are pretty close quarters , so why not ground right to the battery anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for the advice. Care to explain why it will help?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

because thats what the loud people do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif actually they do something entirely different but with you box you have thats the best solution

While we are on the topic, If I do a direct run of 1/0 AWG to the back for ground, do I need to ground front battery to chassis still, or does it not matter if I do a direct run?
not for the amps, but for the rest of the stuff in the car of course

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.