Need a 5/6 ch Amp...Which One? HELP

whatsinaname
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi Guys....

I'm looking for a good quality 5/6 channel amp to run my system. I only have space for one amp. My budget is around $600 or so (may go a little higher if needed).

My system is...

Front - Focal 165KF (6.5")

Mids - ID OEM's (6.5")

SUB - ID Q12V3D4 (12" DVC)

Deck - Pioneer DEH P690UB

Been looking at a few different amp but can't get around the technical specs. What is a good solid amp that will suit my needs. Need one with built in cross overs (I think).

Been looking at the Arc Audio KS900.6 and Hertz EP5. Would maybe go with midlevel Audison.

Need advice............

i have not ever seen the 900.6 but looking at it from the ARC site it looked all class AB. IIRC the belles are class D on the sub. believe the kicker is as well..all that it does is use a little less alt and battery to make power. i would also mention the big belle but its about 200 (from what i have seen) out of your range and its not small but it does give you 1100 watts to your subs lol. to be honest i think they would all work great. the few arc amps i have heard were great but the biggest suprise i heard was the kicker..sounded like it had alot more power than what was listed.....and right now i feel like a tard for not buying one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I am the outside sales rep for a shop in Indianapolis that sells both brands. They are both superior amps. You wouldn't go wrong with either. One of the good things about most of the new ARC amps is that they are class G/H as opposed to A/B and D hybrid amps (Memphis). Much better sound quality! I have had really good luck with the new ARC amps, the sound quality is unreal. I have an ARC amp in my Dodge Ram truck, but had previously installed a memphis in my fiance's mustang--so that shows you how indecisive I am between those brands. I probably like the ARC a little more, but thats just my personal opinion.

-Kevin

i like the Memphis Belles here s a pic of the old school 6 ch belle next to a 5ch big belle.....

memphis001.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.