Need a good SQ 5 channel amp. Any suggestions?

arc really needs to update their website so i could look at the new amps. its been 2 months since CES and they still haven't updated their website.
they still have the ACS components on there which ave been discontinued for quite awhile. maybe Don can get a word to Fred @ Arc that people are hungry for info.

arc really needs to update their website so i could look at the new amps. its been 2 months since CES and they still haven't updated their website.
Jason usually falls behind a bit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

they still have the ACS components on there which ave been discontinued for quite awhile. maybe Don can get a word to Fred @ Arc that people are hungry for info.
Already did and Ill see them this weekend so Ill give em some more pushing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you are going to rely on the internal crossovers in the amp, I would look at something with a high order low-pass crossover for the sub channel... such as 18 or 24 db per octave rather than 12. It may help keep the illusion of bass up front/ enhance your front sound stage and overall sound quality.

If you are of the school of thought that some watts can sound better than others (I'm not), USA amps has a five-channel which is not bridgeable... most amps today have a built -in inverter circuit in one channel only to allow them to be used in tri-mode... what this means is that one channel is not the same as the other and has different parts. Thank Fosgate for this... they made it popular... 99.9% of car amps today are all clones of Rockford Fosgate. Would you use two different component speakers for left and right? Do you smell what I'm cooking?! Based on the fact that it is not bridgeable, it probably does not have an inverter in one channel... but you would have to verify it with a tech at USA Amps to be sure. Bottom line, if this theory holds true, the USA 5-channel could be one of the best car amps on the planet.

Jason usually falls behind a bit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
i emailed him and he said "word around was that they will be updating early march."

this is was in early february when i emailed him so i mean its still early march and still nothing. hopefully you can extract the info from them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Great feedback guys! I remember the big Sone ES when it came out years back. It was compared head to head with a Mcintosh and won the majority of votes in the contest. It was underrated at time. However, it may be a little weak on the sub side from what I have heard.

The US appears to be a good amp but also lower power than what I am looking for. I like the small size of it though.

I can't afford some that mentioned early on. I would love one of the big dogs but this vehicle doesn't need something that good.

I have heard some Memphis amps and thought they were pretty good. Never heard a Belle but it must be a good sounding amp with some balls too. It sounds like a good combination.

I have been into stereos for over 20 years now and ran many old school amps over the years. Some that I didn't like way back then kicks most new amps asses today. I am not a lover of the new stuff. There are some very good amps out there but there are many crappy ones too. So, this site is helping me on the newer stuff. Thanks everyone.

The US appears to be a good amp but also lower power than what I am looking for. I like the small size of it though.

I can't afford some that mentioned early on. .

- High power and low cost is going to be hard to find in a 5-channel... most are low power... and very few offer more than 800 watts total, or more than 500 on the sub channel. Getting everything in one box is a feature you pay for, and one which limits your choices. If you are looking for value, you probably need to look at separate amps. You can probably get in the neighborhood of 1,600 watts for $400, maybe less than $350 by going to two separate amps.

You're right Gary. I know you can't have the best of both worlds. The Memphis seems to be the best choice for affordability and power. It apparantely has pretty good SQ also if most of what I read is true. I currently have 2 amps in the truck. Both are old school. They sound great, but take up too much room. If I went with the Memphis it would give me some extra room behind the seat.

It's not going to be as powerful as what I have, but I really have more power currently than I need. I have my old Hifonics VII Aphrodite I could run but it really doesn't have enough power for a sub setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.