Need a HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

ljforster701
10+ year member

I have a 94 Taurus with no system. I want to build a system so I'm guessing why not start with the HU. I plan on having components in the doors, rear deck speakers, amp, sub and amp in the trunk. I plan on spending around 2k for the entire system. Looking for recommendations on head units and where I can buy online.

i would do it right the first time. Go with an active capable HU so if you ever want to build a nice little SQ system you dont have to go back and redo anything or spend more money.

My alpine 9853 is great, but might be somewhat difficult to find.

I am also a huge fan of the pioneer deh-p880!!

I'm not sure on how much to spend. I'm figuring $250 - $400 would be a good ball park figure. Is that enough for a quality head unit? Please explain what is meant by an Active HU and building a SQ system. Is pioneer the only possible deck out there? What about online sites?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.