Need a Winter Car

Really they are not bad. The newer chevy's are actually nice too. Go pick on a new Impala SS with 350 v8....lol. Or the new Pontiac G6 GTP, 240 hp out of a 3.9 v6. On my Beretta, it has almost 103,000 miles. No major problems. There are the usual things, tires, oil etc. Biggest problems I have had were the battery needing replaced, which come to find out, the diehard in it came out of a defective batch anyway, so not the car's fault. Then the alternator went around 50,000. Not a bad deal though, about 80 bucks at advance auto parts. Then the water pump was replaced, along with a belt, maybe like 30-40 bucks in parts? So not bad at all. The 3100 v6 motor is awesome. Starts right up even on cold mornings. I once had a coil pack start going bad on it, and basically one cylinder was not even firing. The car would shake and everything when you drove, but it was finals week at the time, didn't want to worry about it, and needed the car to work. So I drove it like that, and at the end of the week, dad and I fixed the thing, it was the coil pack, and was like 20 bucks and about 5-10 minutes to change. The thing I love about gm is that their vehicles seem to be reliable, but if they do break down, the parts typically are cheap, and readily available. So it's not like you have a lot of down time. Kind of like the energizer bunny, if you keep the car up, it just keeps going and going and going.

Besides, it would be interesting to swap say a 3400 v6 into a Beretta(has about 180 hp stock), then put a cam and some heads on it, with exhaust and maybe a supercharger, have yourself a 230-240 hp car. Something that weighs about as much as a cavalier with 230 hp could be a fun ride, as well as a sleeper:).

My first car was an 80 Chevy C10 pickup with a straight 6, a single barrel carb and a 16 bolt rear axle. Despite catching on fire countless times, it survived at least 100 neutral drops and manual shifting of the auto, as well as getting wound out until it misfired before I shifted...

I will give Chevy one thing- they will run for some reason unbeknows to me, and keep going. With a little care I have to admit they got a decent life to them. We've got a 90' single cab stepside silverado. The only thing replaced is the clutch at 179k miles. Great vehicle, despite the fact that... It's a Chevy.

And it still runs smoother than my Porsche that I spent 2000 some dollars on timing, igniton and valves. I think i need 110 octane or something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif. That's my project car for now...

Plus, I am 6'9", and Grand Am's Baretta's Luminas etc are too small //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I had a 84 k10 with a plow with the straight 6 in it. That thing was a beast, it ran sooo good in the snow never slid any place and didnt get stuck etc. Thats when a 4x4 was good not like these new ones that slide and get stuck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.