need advice for a polaris rzr install!

Participant count
  • Participant list

southernboom88
10+ year member

Shut It Down Boyz
ATL.
I've been working on an audio system for my buddie's new polaris rzr 900. not sure if yall know about them but these side by side atvs are the shizniz!!! anyway, we got a headunit and 4 6.5" speakers installed and it sounds pretty dang good. now we are moving on to the subwoofer and amp stage.. dude has a custom built fiberglass box, sealed and rhino lined, for 2 10's.. i've never done much marine grade stuff but we both think it would be a good idea considering he rides the hell out of this thing in water, mud ect...

so now my questions

1. do the subs have to be marine grade if they are sealed good in the box? they should never be submerged but may get a little water on them during cleaning and riding.

2. we dont want a typical white marine amp but selection is very limited. the amp will be mounted on the roof we built and it shouldnt get wet but there is that slight chance. any advice on a good looking marine grade amp that does about 200x2 @ 4ohms?

3. is a marine amp wiring kit really nessicary or can i stick to a car amp kit?

thanks in advanced yall.

Clarion XC6210

I have this amp in stock and it's really small and very well built. You aren't going to find a marine 2 channel amp that does 200W x 2. The XC6610 does 250W x 3 bridged at 4 ohms.

I've never heard of a marine amp wiring kit. Use one that has a water resistant fuse holder and finish off all the other connections with heat shrink wrap. You can use some dielectric grease to lightly cover the connections, but don't put it between the contact points.

You want to make sure the exposed face of the subs is made of water resistant materials. That means paper cones are out. What size are the chambers in the box?

Clarion XC6210I have this amp in stock and it's really small and very well built. You aren't going to find a marine 2 channel amp that does 200W x 2. The XC6610 does 250W x 3 bridged at 4 ohms.

I've never heard of a marine amp wiring kit. Use one that has a water resistant fuse holder and finish off all the other connections with heat shrink wrap. You can use some dielectric grease to lightly cover the connections, but don't put it between the contact points.

You want to make sure the exposed face of the subs is made of water resistant materials. That means paper cones are out. What size are the chambers in the box?
Thanks, not exactly sure on the box dimensions. the only time i saw it was when it was still in the sanding and bondo stage. i'd say best guess is some where around .60-.70 cuF per chamber. I was thinking some of the Polk subs would work since they say they are marine grade and not too pricy. trying to avoid the typical white marine stuff.

please pm me your pricing on those amps, shipped to 30214...

View attachment 26543209View attachment 26543210View attachment 26543211

Note: the pic of the actual atv is just a stock pic but pretty much the same as what im working with. The roof we did is plywood and coated in canned "bed liner" not perfect but with time constraints before his last mud park show (he does vending, claylife.com) we had to haul arse. a new roll cage is highly possible so the roof will be redone anyway. all polk audio 6.5's and a kenwood marine headunit mouned in a marine casing. would fiberglass it but time hasn't allowed for it. he put a canvis soft top on the rzr so the backs of the speakers do not show, a diamond plate roof is in the works.. next up will be a few strips of led's and the subs/ amp (amp is being mounted on the center section of the roof) subs will be in the back cargo area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.