Need an alarm - $500 budget

Kevokrook77
10+ year member

I Like Teh Boom
So Cal
I am looking to invest in an alarm for my car after my in-dash was stolen. I will be taking this to a shop to install it as I know nothing about car alarms, so keep that in mind. E-bay is fine, in fact I encourage it. I would like a remote start, but it is not necessary if it is going to push the alarm past the $500ish range. What alarm would you all recommend?

Honestly, all the alarms I have looked at on E-bay are $250ish, which is fine, but if there is a better one for $350 or so, I would pay extra for it. Or, : Suggest a $250 alarm/pager/remote start system, and then stuff I can add onto that to make my alarm even more effective (e.g. more sirens, etc.). I know this is kind of vague, thanks in advance!

Kevin

get the viper 791xv pretty good alarm or the compustar
thanks for the response, anything out there with more protection and features

than the viper?

Also, do most alarms come standard with a glass break sensor, or is that included with the stock alarm, or is that something that is purchased extra??

me = super n00b

Ever see a monkeys teeth....

Dude walkss up to your car, busts the window open, gets inside.

Trunk monkey pops up outta no where and takes a nice chomp outta him...

He will get out of your car in a hurry.

Ever see a monkeys teeth....Dude walkss up to your car, busts the window open, gets inside.

Trunk monkey pops up outta no where and takes a nice chomp outta him...

He will get out of your car in a hurry.
plus he'll have rabies...

do most alarms come standard with a glass break sensor, or is that included with the stock alarm, or is that something that is purchased extra??
me = super n00b
the basic viper 791xv i got doesn't have glass break sensor. prolly will have it added when i can find a local dealer

OK so here's the final plan:

Viper 791xv ($200)

Back-Up Battery ($35)

Glass Break Sensor ($20)

Bypass the RS ($50) could you explain this one?

2 extra DEI 513t 120db sirens ($30)

This brings the total to $335. An installer would do this system for $165, correct?

Let me know and thanks for all of your help!

P.S. I know this is all E-bay, but I really can't afford to buy from a dealer, sorry, please don't criticize this decision

sounds good. i chose to have mine installed by the dealer mostly because of the complexity of the remote start. just wished that i as able to afford the extra sensors/sirens/batteries at the time.
Yeah, a Yukon is a fairly common car to work on and, in my experience, everything about it is pretty simple. I realize the installation may be more than $165, but I'm optimistic I can get it done for less than $200.

Yeah, a Yukon is a fairly common car to work on and, in my experience, everything about it is pretty simple. I realize the installation may be more than $165, but I'm optimistic I can get it done for less than $200.

Thats actually being Very optimistic. I personally and none of the dealers around me would do it for that price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.