NEED assistance on COMPONENET SPEAKERS!!!!

i have 1 12" apline type R sub and the base is riduculous. all i hear is the base, cant even hear the highs. thats why im thinking of getting a component system. Ima need a another 4 channel amp to power it for sure. the questions i have is that will i be able to run the tweeters, mid-range and my rear factory speakers on the amp? i was thinkin ill have to run the rear speaker thorugh the receiver. for example i like this component: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15058

in the review, the people talked about getting two sets of it. it just got me confused. also, the impedance is 4 ohms, the kicker in the link says it has 75watts rms, so this would mean i need an amp that has 75+ watts rms @ 4 channel?? if theres someone that could help me out i will really appreciate it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There is a cheaper line of rainbows as well at ~$240... and I'm not sure why you need a 4 ch amp unless you plan on "going active" which I wouldn't do unless your experienced with car audio. Find a decent 2 ch amp at around 75 or 100x2 and a set of Rainbow Comps (PM 6spdcoupe for prices) or something else that meets your fancy... that should be a good start.

ya people seem to like the type r 6.5" components, and get an amp that puts out about 150w x2 at 4 ohms. then run you rears off of your deck.
i like the type r comp. since my sub is type r might as well stick with it. i found one for $125 on some website, Alpine SPR-17LS, then i checked to see if it fits my car and it says no. theyre 6.5" so im thinking they should fit a mustang.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.