Need help building complete system Honda del sol

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pattycake6

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to car audio, so if this is in the wrong place or I'm braking any rules feel free to call me out. My last 4 cars have had stock systems in them. I just picked up a 1995 del sol project car and the sound system in completely gutted so I need a new head unit, speakers, and hopefully a sub or two. I don't know what I will need to get good sound quality for a decent price so I'll give a little background info. I'm a college student working a minimum wage job so I would prefer this to be a budget build. I don't mean dirt cheap junk I just mean relatively cheap components with good bang for my buck(interpret that how you want). I listen to a little bit of everything when it comes to music. Mostly rap, rock and country in that order. I am a bit of a bass head so keep that in mind as well. My only real requirement is that I want to put my subs behind the seat in the cabin so I can keep my trunk space. Any suggestions for speaker and sub sizes and specs, and good head units would be appreciated. I'm pretty good with fabrication so if I need to build sub and speaker boxes that is not a problem. Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help!

is there a rear deck ? show us a pic of where you want a sub to go maby.

might be able to do something called infinate baffle / trunk baffle

where there is no box at all - but the sub mounts between the wall of the trunk / rear deck area - and you seal off the trunk completely from the car and the entire trunk acts as a box. from what i hear its pretty musical and sounds great - but is not the absolute loudest... but other benefits are low power requirments so a cheapie 250w amp from anywehre ( pawn shop / flea market ) should power a sub or 2 mounted infinate baffle on the rear deck real good for you.

Thanks for the replies. As far as budget goes I don't really have a set number. Whatever I can afford basically. I'm probable going to have to start with a head unit and then move on to the speakers and sub as money permits. The space behind the seat is about 2 feet deep 4 feet wide and 3 feet tall. I am out of town so I can't take a pic until then. I wouldn't be able to mount a sub between the cabin and trunk because the back window rolls down and a sub would interfere with that.

Looks like I may have exaggerated those dimensions a little. I'll have to wait till I'm back at my place to take actual dimensions but there's quite a bit of room to work with. I found a couple pics of other people's sub boxes that I can post but I don't know how to post pics. I don't think I'd need a very big sub for or subs for such a small car although I really like the way my buddies 2 12s hit in his pickup

like this?

NewPics2008030.jpg

NewPics2008027.jpg

Yeah that's the idea. There's another one I like that has 2 smaller subs stacked vertically between the seats. Basically I want to know what to look for when I'm buying a head unit, and what size/types of speakers would work best in a car that small.

Yeah that's the idea. There's another one I like that has 2 smaller subs stacked vertically between the seats. Basically I want to know what to look for when I'm buying a head unit, and what size/types of speakers would work best in a car that small.
As far as hu. Depends on what features you want. But at least get 6 channel pre outs and 4+ volts out

alright I don't know if anyone can see this thread anymore or not but I was given a kenwood deck so I will be using that for now. I might get a different one at some point not sure. I don't know what type of speakers to get to go well with a couple subs. I believe the car uses 4 6.5 inch rounds

alright I don't know if anyone can see this thread anymore or not but I was given a kenwood deck so I will be using that for now. I might get a different one at some point not sure. I don't know what type of speakers to get to go well with a couple subs. I believe the car uses 4 6.5 inch rounds
Again depends on goals and budget. But a cdt com 626cr set would be a good starter set. Get some deadener as well

Just saw this response. I guess my budget is pretty low. I'm not really looking for a competition setup or anything like that. Just a nice aounding systemZ I'm looking at around 100 for all 4 five or take 20 bucks. My buddy has some kenwood speakers in his pickup that I like so something around that range

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.