Need Help Chosing Head Unit

z2898

NY
I ve been looking for a head unit the past week. its going in a 98 camaro I'm running a soundstream Van Gogh 800.5 amp, audiobahn 10sub in a stealth box, 6.5 components up front. Ive been stuck between 2 head units the Kenwood XXV-01d. or the eclipse CD8445. what are your guys opinions on these 2. or is there something else i should look at. Any info would be appreciated Thanx.....

i have the 8455 and its an awesome SQ deck. the 8445 you are referring to is basically the same thing as the 8455 but the 8445 doesn't have an 3 way xover but in your case you already got components so there is no need to go active. but i've heard good things about the kenwood 25th anniversary. but i'll still go with the eclipse //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif .

Either one would be a good choice. Do both of them have all the features you would want or need?

If everything else is equal, Id base my choice on price/warranty.

I'm kindof in the same place that AlphaKenny is but on the other side of the coin. I have no experience with the Eclipse unit but I continually hear/read great things about it from those that have it or have used it. Based on the 'hype', if you will, I can't say that I believe you'd be disappointed with it.

On the other hand - I have the XXV-01D and I love it. Easily the best HU I have ever owned, hands down. (this is likely due to having only owned Kenwoods of various models for better than a decade and a half now, however, and the XXV-01D is the best non-DVD deck they have built in that timespan)

Zach's suggestion is spot on, I would think. If both head units have the features/abilities that you want and/or need then get the one that has the best price, longest warranty, the nicest cosmetics to you, or any combination of all three that you like best personally.

Well i decided to go with the kenwood i got it for 360 bucks with a XM tuner and antenna with it. after looking into the eclipse i couldn't find a XM commander for it only could find a Sirrus one. Since i already got XM thats why i got the Kenwood. it looks like a good unit after reading te whole user manual online ***** that eclipse doesnt have theres online.so will see can wait to get it in the car now its just has to get warm so i can drive the car i hate winter..

Where did you get the Kenwood for $360...That is an incredible price, is it new?

Be sure to post after you install it, and tell what you think about it...Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.