• Participant list

This Guy38

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I bought the JL GM-D8701 Mono amp..
Amp parameters are
300W x 1 x 4ohm
500W x 1 x 2ohm
800W x 1 x 1ohm..
So I also got two Kicker 10” C104 SVC Subs and I’m putting them into a Dual 10” box in my silverado crew cab under the back seat.. The box is ported with 1.12 cu space per sub..
So my question is... The subs I bought are rated at 300W peak (150 RMS) and I know I would have to run them in parallel to get a 4ohm final impedance.. Should I do that Or should I return the subs and get 2 DVC kicker CVR102 2ohm subs.. and then hook those up for a final 2ohm impedance because they are rated at 700W peak ( 350 RMS) and get more output out of my amp?? Please help me decide.. I HAVE NOT HOOKED ANYTHING UP.. Trying to do as much research as possible to get the best quality as possible and not spend an arm and a leg lol...
I also bought 2Ga OFC to run to the rear into a distribution block and the 4ga OFC to the amp.. Truck is a 2500 Silverado Duramax so I’m not worried about my battery or alternator at all, but I just want maximum performance for what I have.. Again I HAVE NOT HOOKED ANYTHING UP YET..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.