need help installing flip-down monitor

bran_zimm
10+ year member

ohio
ok guys im gettin a flip-down monitor friday and i dont wanna pay to hvae it put it because the stores around here are saying $100 - $150 to install it. i HAVE to do it myself so i need sum tips or links anything to help me with this process. i have a lil basic knoweledge but anything would help. im putting a 10.4 monitor in an 02 civic. thanks

take out the rear dome light... run the wires through the headliner and out the side... if there is not domelight cut a hole... actually i slit a + in the headliner with a razor blade and run my wires through that... find a beam there... mount the mounting plate 2 the beam... and after you run the wires... mount the tv 2 the mounting plate be sure when you mount the plate it is secure... flat with the headliner... and that you don't screw through the roof... does this car have a sunroof?

well there is a dome light but im putting the screen infront of it so i can watch it to while driving //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif will there be a beam or will i have to put something up there to screw into? theres no sunroof and ive talked to a few installs places around here. one guy said u dont have to take the headliner down and the other did?

No you don't have to take the liner down, but you'll want to take off any visors and pillar panels so that it will sage down and give you plenty of access without fighting it. I normally cut the hole big enough for the mounting bracket to fit through the head liner. Figure if your going to permanetly modify the liner might as well do it to your advantage and make it so that you can see what your doing.

if there is no cross brace up there then you will have to make one. Once you make a brace, attach your bracket to it and then run your cables after that. test it before you mount it.

im in a jam.. i currently have the car torn apart and its 230 in the mournin and i have work tomarra. but neways i cant figure out if i have a brace or not. i cant see. i have the apillers and visors taken off.. im dealing wtih a 2002 honda civic. should i cut the square out for the moutning bracket then or just screw up through the headliner? im havin alot of trouble wtih this... i got everything wired up. the monitor , dvd player, and xbox, but i cant get the dang thing mounted. i bought a trim ring for it so that it can be cut to fit the headliner and i cant cut it and its a pain in my butt.. so i ditched that idea. this fun project has quickly became a nightmare.

from what I understand, you should cut out a piece of particle wood the size of the mounting bracket. Take down your headliner then use liquid nails to attach it to the roof. Once in place and the glue has set put the headliner back and screw the mounting bracket through the headliner and into the wood. Hope that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.