Need help on a enclosure for a DC level 5 m2 18"

Participant count
  • Participant list

HI-C
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Las Vegas
Hello guys I'm trying to install a 18" in the trunk in my Cadillac cts. I'm going to have to face the sub up and port to back. And I have 13.6 cubic feet to work with the highest I can go on the box will be 14" and the width would have to be 34" and 32"deep. My music that I like to listen to is rap decaf and R&B and I like to play with authority on the lows. thank you for your input:veryhapp: sorry for the pics

Last edited by a moderator:
I have exactly the same problem ! I've tried a few different boxes . Sub up port back has sounds the best so far . I am trying to figure out a way to get my 18 facing the rear but it's to dang Big . Like you say with the Hight only 14 tall it's about impossible .

I have 13.6 cubic feet to work with the highest I can go on the box will be 14" and the width would have to be 34" and 32"deep.

Not to be a **** about this, but those max dimensions aren't even close to 13 cube. In fact if you use adequate thickness material, bracing, and port area you'll be hard pressed to see 5 cube net.

Please clarify.

How is **** censored? What if someone's name was Richard. If we had some actual mods here this wouldn't be needed.

13.6 is the net volume of my whole trunk, and the measurement Is what I can fit 14" or 14.5" high is how tall I can move a box out and in The trunk, and 34" is how wide I can have the enclosure I maybe can do 35". And 32" is the deepest because of amp rack.

The most important thing is that it fits after you are done. If you are trying to build as big as possible if you make a mock box out of cardboard you will have a chance to check fitment and even if you could build larger or have to go smaller. Sometimes it looks like it should fit but when take into account the "squareness" of the box 14 inch tall should fit but maybe not for 32 inches deep worth. If that makes sense.

Her is a 14.5 H 34 W and 32 D the port is 6 1/8 wide and 12 1/2 H inside of port length is 25" long I don't know what it's tuned to? I don't know if it's tuned to high or to low for the sub.Because it was 16" H but I had to trim it down to 14.5 to fit the opening of the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.