Need help on component level for crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list
In the pic above is it, and as you can see the long rectangle res/cap idk what it is exactly its the one that is white and discolored, it is very hot, I am getting no voltage thru it I know that much, but it does ohm out just not as high as the other two on the board. First do you think I am on the right path to what fried?? If so this is what is written on it , BENNIC 7W8R2J , if you think that is whats wrong, can and where could I get more of these, I can solder so im not worried about that part............................................Also when radio is turned up of course im getting voltage to the L1 L2 , also on speaker output terminals to the 6.5 speaker I am getting voltage but no output(sound) , on the tweets I am getting no voltage at all on there output terminals

That would be an 8.2 ohm 7 watt resistor. If it's getting that hot I would suspect a short on the output. But how would one xover affect both sets of comps?

You're not gonna measure any tweeter output voltage with a DMM. Got a 'scope?

No scope. I'm figuring all 4 failed, I am going to pull the other door panels and check also. The weird part to me is I tryed taking out the xover and run just the 6.5 and I am getting nothing out of those either, even tho I do have voltage present

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.