Need Help On Picking Components of My New System

Binci88

So, I drive a 2000 Celica GTS that comes with an "8" speaker (really 6) premium speaker system that includes 2 front tweeters, two front 6 1/2 speakers, and 2 rear 6 1/2 speakers. From what I have read, the front door speakers are most important as that's what I'll be hearing most and the rear is just secondary. I want to do a complete sound system swap. I already have a Kenwood HU that I'll be keeping but everything else needs to go.

When buying a new amp, do the tweeters take up a channel or should I leave the wiring and have Front Left, Rear Left, Front Right, Rear Right? And what are a good set of tweeters? (keeping it under $100-150)

I've already decided on getting the Pioneer Rev 6 1/2s for the front unless anybody knows of any cons?

Really I just need to know what kind (channel-wise) of amp I need to get to power all of this stuff.

Subs will come after all of this.

Are you staying with the stock speakers?

If yes I would leave the wiring the way it is to the fronts as they will have a capacitor to the tweeter, making the load to the amp the same as the mids in doors alone.

Bi-amping mids/highs is an option, but imo not reasonable or necessary for oem speakers.

I would buy a 4 channel amp.

I would get a good 2 channel amp and a new pair of 6.5" components. Then later you can get a mono amp for the subwoofer.

How much do you want to spend on the front speakers?

With that budget, yes, I would just get an amp for now. You can't get much for 6.5" components with that budget. I have a couple of options for a 4-channel amp. Clarion XC1410 and Precision Power i520.4.

So get a good 2 channel, good 6.5s and leave evrything else alone?
- Those IA 6.5's mentioned are a good bang for your buck, they have external crossovers so all you need is a descent 2 channel amp to power them up front, run your rear off of the head unit for now unless you get a 4 channel amp to run both sets, but I would look for like 100-150 rms per channel either way so you will have a bit of head room //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So get a good 2 channel, good 6.5s and leave evrything else alone?
If you're skiing a complete system swap then no, don't leave everything alone. Do some research on component sets.

Amp them. You have 2 options, running the component set off of one amp like you mentioned, or bi amping tweets and mids. The later is the more ideal option.

Rear fill is not necessarily a bad thing, though on a budget , getting you're front stage perfected should be you're focus. You can tie in rear fill to you're system later.

Add a sub.

Deaden.

- Those IA 6.5's mentioned are a good bang for your buck, they have external crossovers so all you need is a descent 2 channel amp to power them up front, run your rear off of the head unit for now unless you get a 4 channel amp to run both sets, but I would look for like 100-150 rms per channel either way so you will have a bit of head room //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Hearing this too.

Those tantrics look nice, they aren't too expensive either, or am I wrong

If you're skiing a complete system swap then no, don't leave everything alone. Do some research on component sets.
Amp them. You have 2 options, running the component set off of one amp like you mentioned, or bi amping tweets and mids. The later is the more ideal option.

Rear fill is not necessarily a bad thing, though on a budget , getting you're front stage perfected should be you're focus. You can tie in rear fill to you're system later.

Add a sub.

Deaden.

Hearing this too.

Those tantrics look nice, they aren't too expensive either, or am I wrong
- Those tantrics look siick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif I'm still waiting to hear a set in person...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.