NEED HELP PLEASE! best amp for 1 CVR

hondaracer48
10+ year member

texas
I bought this sub about a year ago and I cant remember if its a Dual 2 or 4 ohm. go ahead and call me named I know im a *******, I forgot. right now I have it my ONE cvr. I have it wired to an old RF t500.2 at 300 RMS bridged at 4 ohms. so im guessing since I only have the 1 sub, whats the best amp to get for this 1 10 inch cvr? I hope its just the old *** amp because my sub isn't powerful at all and my buddy had one CVR also and his bangs hard. would the kicker zx. 400.1 work/.

I don't think there would be much of an audible difference between those two amps, and you can't really expect much out of one 10. What kind of box do you have it in?

this all confuses me im not sure what type of subs I have, I rmemeber people told me it really cant be ran with a zx amp which im guessing is cause those are mono amps. it has to be ran at 4 ohm or 1 ohm, which id rather have a 4 ohms. IN OTHER WORDS WHATS BEST AMP TO USE FOR A 4 OHM SUB

Run an amp that makes the power you need at 4 Ohms. CVRs are nothing special and you don't need any more than roughly 300W-500W for a single 10". If you need more output get more subs and more power, and consider the enclosure as well. Jskiles is on to something here.

well my friend had one cvr with like a 400 watt amp and his is way deeper than mine, my bass just this and its gone, his hits and stays there if that makes sense, an I have a bog under my back seat in Silverado. probox

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

2 10s kicker cvr with 500w amp does this look worth it? id put the subs in my probox.

well my friend had one cvr with like a 400 watt amp and his is way deeper than mine, my bass just this and its gone, his hits and stays there if that makes sense, an I have a bog under my back seat in Silverado. probox
If you're comparing the exact same music between your car and your friend's car then something is wrong if the bass is not playing for the same duration of time.

2 10s kicker cvr with 500w amp does this look worth it? id put the subs in my probox.
Does it look worth it to buy that stuff as listed? No.

something is wrong then, this amp is like a 1990's model, would the amp being old make it sound different than a newer amp would running at exact same rms

Im running two 10inch CVR DVC4 ohm subs on an Xtant 600.1 XTC class d in my CRV,with ea sub in its own chamber of 1.4 cu ft before displacement, and tuned in the neighborhood of approx 34-36 htz ea, and they are sub up port up, and kicking AZZ.Older amps have nothing to do with an improper install.If its a DVC4 ohm sub, you would be best to run it @2ohms to get the most performance out of the sub, and look into getting a well tuned/made box for it, and wire it properly,with a good 2ohm stable mono/bridged amp, and it should sound really nice.I have noticed that the CVRs really like approx 1.2-1.6 cu ft,and tuned to approx 34-38 htz.they like a little room than most subs.Pull that sub out to make sure it is a DVC4 ohm sub, it could be a DVC2 ohm sub also, in which running 1ohm load will perform the way you are wanting/stating

•75 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

•150 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms (250 watts RMS x 2 at 1 ohm)

•300 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (at 4 ohms)

•500 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (at 2 ohms)

•1-ohm stable (2-ohm stable in bridged mode)

that's the details for my amp. I think its wired to 300 watts, tomorrow ill take sub out and check. will I be able to run the 1 sub at 2 ohms bridged no matter what type the sub is?

•75 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

•150 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms (250 watts RMS x 2 at 1 ohm)

•300 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (at 4 ohms)

•500 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (at 2 ohms)

•1-ohm stable (2-ohm stable in bridged mode)

that's the details for my amp. I think its wired to 300 watts, tomorrow ill take sub out and check. will I be able to run the 1 sub at 2 ohms bridged no matter what type the sub is?

That's a very versatile amp and will work well with that sub whether it's a dual 2 or dual 4.

With a dual 2 you'd need to wire the coils in series for 4 ohms. It should look something like this:

http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/1_sub_DVC_2_ohm_2ch_bridged.jpg

That would get you around 300w rms.

With a dual 4 you'd wire the coils parallel for 2 ohms, like this (it shows a mono amp, but the wiring is the same):

http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/1_sub_DVC_4_ohm_mono.jpg

This gets you around 500w rms.

The actual performance difference between 300 and 500w would be minimal. And at 500 you need to be careful with your gain and bass boost settings. Too much and that little sub could be in trouble.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.