Need help. Stereo popping/hissing/static/crackling

Participant count
  • Participant list

JayyOohh

Hey everyone so I’m new to this forum. Over the past few weeks I’ve had a gremlin growing in my stereo. It started as an intermittent, no rhyme or reason, very loud pop coming from my speakers. After this pop would occur, my speakers will omit a loud static/white noise/buzz. Sometimes the music would play under the noise, sometimes it wouldn’t. Sometimes nothing would come out until I turned the head unit or car off and back on. The other day this happened, except no matter how many times I turned the system off or on, it wouldn’t help. Now I have nothing but either static or no noise at all.

When I do have static, it’s only from one speaker (my passenger side door speaker). Now before all of this, ever since I’ve owned the car, there had been a light wind noise sound coming from that speaker. It always has but I eventually drowned it out. Anyway that may or may not be related.

Up unfil the other day the head unit has operated fine. When it started acting up, I noticed when I would turn the head until “on” it would cycle between “on” and “off” all by itself, until I physically pressed the button “off”. But I was playing around with it and noticed that now the only buttons it would respond to were am/fm, cd, menu, and all of the arrows. Most of the time when I turn the head unit on I get no sound or just light static, but while I was sitting in there today I was able to catch this. Recorded it so I could share. If anyone has any ideas of what this could be I would greatly appreciate it.

Check your power and ground connections to make sure the H/U is getting stable power. Also check to make sure that the speaker wires for that speaker isn’t pinched through or melted.

Tough to say really since it's all stock. Could be factory amps going out, the stock HU acting up, etc. Might need some new audio. And the worst part is removing it all...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.