Need Help! , Urgent. Having Trouble with Random Issue :/

Participant count
  • Participant list

LaidD3athl0rd
10+ year member

Hi there, i am not new to car audio and i have recently done a build in my girlfriends car..

Everything works perfectly, all 4 speakers and sub are blasting on the radio.. However, when a Bluetooth device is connected or a device through Aux is playing, theres no sound??

Yet on radio its pumping and working fine.

Its connect to an external amp, 4 speakers and a sub. .. is the head unit choosing to use its internal amp powering no speakers.. over the external one?

Please help! .. it would be greatly appreciated, haven't heard of this happening before.

I dont understand why radio works fine.. yet bluetooth and aux have no sound? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

"Everything works perfectly..." No it doesn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

What make/model/year car?

What make/model head-unit?

How is head-unit connected to the amp

What make/model amp?

Headunit: Sony Mex -BT 2950

Car: Mazda Protege 323 1999

The head unit is connected to the amplifier via rca cables and signal wire.

The amp is an old 4 channel + 1 sub, Alpine V - Power 356 i think thats the model, its capable of 2,3,4 + 1 sub configurations.

I can't determine why it works fine with radio but not with Bluetooth or Aux though?

thanks for the help, any possible reasons for this issue, is it common?

The Head unit prolly has 2 blue remote wires and u by chance hooked the amp remote turn on to the antenna remote. This explain why all is well on the "radio" but when ur on bluetooth the radio doesnt send power to antenna thus no power to amp or speakers.

Oh okay yes i understand, i have hooked the remote wire up to the power antenna blue plug because there was no blue/white remote lead coming out from the headunit :/ .. i had to use the power antenna instead, what can i do now.. the blue/white wire doesn't exist.

At the risk of being bashed on this forum I will suggest a couple places. Find a key on only power such as windsheild wipers or the red 12v key on for the radio to tap ur amp remote into that.

i am certain there is no remote wire already there.. i would believe a headunit would come with the option to use it though.. whats a switched power source?.. can i plug the remote wire into one of the empty wiring harness pins.. the wiring harness has everything but the remote lead.. could one of the empty pins be for the remote lead?.. in that case i could just solder it onto the empty pin.

No dont try that. The radio itself uses 2 power sources a yellow 12v constant and a red switched tap into the red switched. This means that when the car is on the amp will also be powered on.

Alright dont worry lads, I have indeed found the problem!

Because i have connected the signal wire to the power antenna, when i switch to aux or bluetooth the power antenna goes down as well as turning off the amp.

The power antenna goes down when its not being used, eg. "Non Radio". So i'll have to connect the remote wire to the red wire i think, which is powered only when the car is on, so the amp stays on when bluetooth and aux are enabled. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thankyou so much for your help and quick responses, car audio forums FTW!.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.