Need Help with alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list

jattgdup
10+ year member

I have a 03 yukon 4 12's ppi power class when my bass hits my lights flicker and i do have a cap with a 145 amp alternator with 2 batterys im wondering if i buy a 250 amp alternator if that will fix my problems also should i do the big 3 with the 250 amp alternator too? also my battery dies sometimes when car isnt even started for a few days my amps are ppi 21400 i have 8 screens i dont kno wat to do about the power

How old is the battery? Still original?

Do the big three, and ditch the cap. The next step would be to upgrade the battery. and the final step would be to get the new alternator.

I have a 03 yukon 4 12's ppi power class when my bass hits my lights flicker and i do have a cap with a 145 amp alternator with 2 batterys im wondering if i buy a 250 amp alternator if that will fix my problems also should i do the big 3 with the 250 amp alternator too? also my battery dies sometimes when car isnt even started for a few days my amps are ppi 21400 i have 8 screens i dont kno wat to do about the power
If the battery is dying with the vehicle sitting, you have something draining it down. You need to test it for an electrical draw. I can custom build you a 250 amp alternator that will bolt on with no mods.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.