need help with covering my enclosure

scparrish
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
So I built my console and am in the final stages of smoothing it out just the way I want, the problem is i didn't really think about covering it when I built it and now am unsure how to. I will most likely go with black vinyl with very thin padding underneath. I don't know where to get the vinyl, I want it to have a leather like appearance.

pic of console

IMAG0131.jpg

i would glass it and mould some cup-holders and a tray into it then "soft wrap" it (with foam)

too bad ur not closer Im sure there is someone closer who can help

I got my vinyl for the box @ a craft store. I would cut a piece and sew it so that it covers the top and sides of the top protrusion, and then have another piece sewn to that that covers the bottom portion of the box. It wouldn't be that hard to do if you have a sewing machine.

Joann Fabrics has tons of **** to choose from. Just about any color and material you can think of. As gay as you may feel, look around and get some ideas

I plan on putting in four cup holders, I based my design roughly off of the 2011 f250 console, just using a hole saw bit and pvc end caps I am avoiding glass because I have zero experience with it. I want to do the soft wrap idea with black vinyl and it sounds like I need to work on my sewing skills.

Joann Fabrics has tons of **** to choose from. Just about any color and material you can think of. As gay as you may feel, look around and get some ideas
^^ This. And ask the ladies about padding and whatnot, I've found the people at crafts stores are always willing to lend ideas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.