Need help with electrical

shayne1134
10+ year member

Hello car audio experts. I need some guidance on setting up my electrical. What i am planning is 4 15" orion hcca's and powering them will be 2 sundown saz-4500's , big 3 is 0 gauge. I am not sure what size alt i will need and how many batteries will be needed. Please help me out

As much as you can afford. You're going to need what 600 amps of current? You need at least 4 runs of 1/0. You need several alts and a bracket to hold them. You need several batts. I'd say at least 4 group 31's and buss bars.

This is all just an opinion but I would run a pair of batteries per amp. Something like 4 stinger spv70's total in the back and an optima type battery up front. Dual runs of 1/0 would probably be enough for you but the more the merrier.

Alt wise you will def need an upgraded one but dual alt? I dont know a lot about them so im not much help there. Hell im still running my stock alt with 3k rms, however I have had a pair of optimas in my car since day one. Next week I am putting a pair of stinger spv35's under my hood and a 70 in the rear

Ya definatly wont be able to do 2 alts but stock alts were 105 amp And in my daily im running 2k rms at the moment and my lights dont dim too too bad, although i just have 4 gauge throughout and stock batt. So even an upgrade to a 250 amp alt will be amazing maybe add an extra 4 kinetik powercells in the trunk couple busbars i should be ok? Oh and of course dual runs of 1/0 throughout.. And if i busbar the batts can i charge them that way? Or do i have to charge them seperatley? Or in series??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.