Need help with my Clarion Dxz945mp. PLZ, PLZ, PLZ!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Petey_W

I have the unit installed, but there is no audio. I am not using the RCA jacks, just the speaker wires for now. The only thing I can figure is that there is something in the software of the radio that is not set correct. I have tried resetting it VIA the button, but that did not help. Anything else I can do before I take it out and shoot it? BTW the only wire that is not connected to anything is the line that is used for "Cell Phone Mute". Could that be the problem?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated! This is driving me CRAZY!

Petey

I just read your other post and I see that the previous owner was only using the RCAs. I know my DXZ955mp (next model up) has an internal amp kill in the sound settings. You might try looking at the settings and see if the internal amp is disabled. The previous owner may have disabled it because it can (apparently) lead to less noise coming through the RCA outs.

I checked and the internal AMP is not disabled. I set it to on and off (off being factory default), and it does the same thing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The 955 is not the next model up, but the following year. They look totally different. As of late I have seen more and more of the older Clarion HU's popping up that have dead internal amps. I have one as well, though it's older then the 945. One thing to check is to make sure that the phone mute wire isn't exposed and touching anything. Smelling the unit wont help and you'd be lucky if it left a burn mark. Not saying it didn't, but few do. The best way to use this HU is as a dead head anyway IMO so therefore the internal amp would be useless.

Before shooting this HU, you can give it to me.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dead or alive, I collect certain Clarion HU's, this would be one of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.